microwavedcoffee

Good day Potterheads! Our today's interview features Jess who thinks her name is irrelevant. Heading from Phoenix, Arizona, she has been here since 2011. Apart from Harry Potter, she also stans Percy Jackson and Game of Thrones. The talented aspiring writer is also a poet and is available on instagram. Down to earth as she is, she describes herself as lazy, curious and accpeting. HPFanficsCollection is honoured to have her on board for this edition.

Please introduce yourself 

Hello there! My name is Jess and I write fan fiction every now and then. I used to be a lot more active than I am now, but I'm striving to write more often. 

Pronoun you prefer 

She / her

What is your Hogwarts House? and Patronus?

My house is Slytherin, and my patronus is an elephant (which just so happens to be my favorite animal too!)

The quote you like the most 

"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy."

If you were given a chance to live one day in the magical world of Harry Potter, how would you have spent it? 

Probably popping about Honeydukes, looking at all the shops and odds and ends. There's so much to discover!

What is your dream job be in magical world? 

That's a tough question. Probably Marketing in the Ministry, or the Hogwarts Librarian. Nothing clever or unique, I know. But, those are things I enjoy doing now.

Who is your favourite character in Harry Potter and why? 

Molly Weasley. She is a loving, caring, and honest-to-Godric great mother. She has so much compassion and love to give and that has always touched me when reading the novels.

Who is your least favourite character in Harry Potter and why? 

Hmm, also a tricky question. I feel that there are two categories of characters that people can choose from, adult and children, but I'm going to ignore that with my answer. I think my least favorite character over all is: Griphook. When I read TDH, I really despised him, especially when he betrayed the trio after everything they did to save him and relate to him and his hatred of wizardkind.

What inspired you in writing your story? 

My readers. Originally, though, my sister is who got me to start writing. After nine years of writing fan fiction, I found that my readers and friends on Wattpad are truly what pushed me to keep writing and continue to perfect my craft.

How do you write?

A bit of a planner, I am otherwise spontaneous.

Did you suffer from Writer's block? If yes, how did you overcome it?

Yes, all the time! I find that the best form of inspiration comes from intoxicating music. Not just everyday music. Something that moves you and sways you. I've found that, if I can feel the emotion and the song punches me in the gut, I can imagine my characters feeling that pain, experiencing those thoughts. Music always shows me different avenues for my characters.

Do you have a message to convey to your readers? If yes, please write below. 

Thank you. Thank you for enjoying my works and telling me. Vocal readers are readers that shape and mold my writing process. There is an unspoken (or sometimes spoken) friendship that I form with my readers, and I'm thankful for them.

How do you deal with haters? 

Depends on the situation. Genuinely, I try to talk to them. I have spent many years on this site, and I have experienced many eras of hate, from content to context. I've found that some of the hateful comments are not to be regarded at all, while others may have grains of truth to them that I can take as 'constructive criticism' and build my writing up from.

What advice will you give to new authors who are just starting to explore this career? 

Keep writing and let yourself be criticized. Your first works cannot be your last. Every author grows from their mistakes. Your first work is almost always going to be choppy and freeform, but you learn from that.

Any fan-fiction recommendation? (Not yours) 

Anything from harmonyrules is great. I also am currently enjoying 'Revolution' from trollytrees !

Any endnotes?

This has been fun, thank you for inviting me!

HPFanficsCollection will highly recommend her stories - The Hermione's Twin Series, Scum of the Earth, Chocolate Frogs, and The Oracle. Currently, she has published 17 works on here folks. And we don't think you will be disappointed.

~*~*~

Thank you microwavedcoffee for giving us your time and thank you all reader for reading this interview. Let's support one another.

Please recommend us some amazing authors with completed book/s. We will love o reach them out.