JanieKayne

New York based Fan-fiction writer - Janie - describes herself as writer and activist. She joined Wattpad in 2018 and currently has 2 works published on this site. Without a further ado, we would like to give light to today's guest.

Pronoun you prefer

She / Her

Please introduce yourself

My name is Janie, I'm an English born writer living in New York City. Although my intentions are directed more towards screenplay than book publishing— I find writing to be more of my second nature.

What is your Hogwarts House? and Patronus?

I would consider myself a Ravenclaw. As for a patronus, I would think something with high intentions of emotion— perhaps a swan. 

The quote you like the most 

"If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore." — Michele Ruiz 

If you were given a chance to live one day in the magical world of Harry Potter, how would you have spent it? 

Who wouldn't want to be a witch at Hogwarts? I'd spend my day as a student.

What is your dream job be in magical world? 

I'd probably write for the Daily Prophet. At least my works would be better than Rita Skeeter's. 

Who is your favourite character in Harry Potter and why? 

Remus Lupin is definitely a favourite. He's just a humble, kind, caring man. I definitely enjoyed writing his character the most.

Who is your least favourite character in Harry Potter and why? 

Umbridge— need I say more?

What inspired you in writing your story? 

Since I was a kid I've always liked the thought of there being a young female Professor that Harry would be able to look up to. 

How do you write?

I plan everything beforehand.

Did you suffer from Writer's block? If yes, how did you overcome it? 

I struggle a bit from writers block and when I do I try to focus on what I want to happen in a chapter instead of trying to write it. Make playlists, read poetry— anything to get into the mood. 

Do you have a message to convey to your readers? If yes, please write below. 

If you have any stories you wish me to check out, my messages are open !! 

How do you deal with haters?

I pay no attention towards hate comments. If they don't like the story than they should stop reading. 

What advice will you give to new authors who are just starting to explore this career?

Write for yourself. This is your story. Don't feel pressured to have a certain amount of readers when you've just started out, they'll come to you. 

Any fan-fiction recommendation? (Not yours) 

Serendipity by Wildflowersandink

HPFanficsCollection strongly recommends her book "To protect". We know you won't be disappointed.