The Origin Forest (John Laurens x Reader) Part 1

A/N: This is mostly set in the modern day time period, just to clear things up. Also, i might make another chapter for this Oneshot. Also, most places in this Oneshot are not real.

Another side note, after being stuck in the dome, during the Pulse, you were given powers of Sublimation (which basically means you can control fog, mist, or any other type of gas. You can also turn into any of these things). You were 17 when the storm hit.

Ages:

You: 20
Peggy: 17
Eliza: 19
Angie: 20
John: 21
Alex: 20
Laf: 21
Herc: 21

Story Prompt: A forest is struck by lightning. The electrical charge that pulsed through it gave special gifts to any creatures in it, including you.

TW: Cursing

Y/N = Your Name
E/C = Eye Colorful

——————————————————————

Backstory

*3 years ago, Upstate New York*

The Origin Forest, once known as the Blackley Forest, was a State Park where you could camp, hike, swim, and host family events.

It was a joyous place, filled with laughter and curiosity. The forest held a diverse amount of wildlife; the smallest being a deer mouse, and the largest being a grizzly bear. You would occasionally see these animals on a trail or walk through your campsite.

All in all, this place was a wonderful place.

Until a big storm hit.

There was tornado warnings and sirens going off every minute or so. The park rangers managed to get everyone out of the forest. Thunder and lightning lit up the sky, casting shadows down among the people below.

However, in the middle of the forest, a large bolt of lightning struck the earth, casting a dome of light over that part of the forest. A pulse surged through the dome, changing any creature that was inside into something new.

Some say that you can still hear the shrieks of the animals as their molecules were forced to change, while others say they can still feel the pulse from the blast.

Everyone would say that, ever since the storm, the whole forest has been covered with a mysterious veil of mist. Locals say you can hear whispers of you walk close enough. There were even reports of a mysterious, woman-like figure, hanging around in the fog.

Ever since the storm, the park has been closed. People can still walk inside the forest, but they choose not to, as they have a scary experience with the trapped beings inside of their origin zone.

Hence, the name The Origin Forest.

——————————————————————

*3 Years after The Pulse*

Y/N's POV

I was currently laying on a mossy boulder, my hands behind my head as I gazed up at the starry night. This is probably the thing I look forward to every day. Just to see the stars.

When I first was in the forest, about 3 years ago, I was startled by how bright the stars shone. It was a breathtaking view. No signs of light pollution from a nearby city.

They also reminded me that I could never go back to how I used to be.

I let out a sigh, pushing the thought away. Sure, I couldn't leave the forest, as my life force was now tied to it, but at least I made some friends. But I'm pretty sure they don't understand me, as they are all animals.