CHAPTER FOUR - ELIZABETH; CHAPTER FIVE - DANIEL; CHAPTER SIX - ELIZABETH

Start from the beginning

Leave it to my lady to not recognize the evil lurking beside us.

“I’m off to my morning run.”

“Morning run? But it’s the afternoon?” Eli was puzzled, to say the least.

“I slept late today. I’m transitioning my internal clock in preparation for the night shooting on Monday. You should do the same, Danny.”

“I’ll be alright. I’ve pulled all-nighters at school.”

“Well I suppose.” Vanessa gave a hauty laugh.“Nobody cares what a PA looks like.”

“I care,” Eli chirped. “And I’m glad you have night shooting on Monday. I get to stay an extra day,”

“I’ll take you to the airport Monday afternoon and then I’ll report to the set.”

“I’d like that,” Eli sighed. “One more night together.”

Vanessa rolled her eyes. “I’m so out of here,” she declared.

“Later, Vanessa,” I said.

The elevator finally landed and the doors opened discharging its passengers. Eli and I quickly jumped in, barely making it before the doors once again closed.

Upstairs Eli and I stripped off our damp clothes and crawled under the covers. As we snuggled together I broke the bad news.

“Baby, we’re doing night shoots through Saturday.”

“Saturday?” she said. “Then I get to spend next weekend watching you sleep?”

 “No. This is where you gracefully agree to spend next weekend at home because it’s pointless to watch me sleep.”

Eli quietly pouted. “I can feel you frowning, babe.”

“I’m not happy,” she complained. “But you’re right.”

“I’ll miss you too.”

“I know you will.”

“Let me make it up to you in advance, right now.”

CHAPTER SIX - ELIZABETH

“Mom?  Dad?” What were they doing in Vancouver? And Ellen was here too!

Danny had just ushered me into a trendy restaurant in the Yaletown section of Vancouver for my birthday dinner. I had expected Jim and Tom to join us, but I had no idea that Mom, Dad and Ellen were flying up. 

“Happy Birthday, honey!” Dad exclaimed. He crushed me in a bear hug.

Then Mom pecked my cheek. “Happy birthday, Elizabeth.”

“I can’t believe you’re here!” I was so excited to see them.

          “Where else would we be? It’s your birthday,” Mom laughed. “Nineteen years ago today…”

“Yeah, yeah. I know. Under cover of darkness Dad snuck you in through the back door at Cedars while the paparazzi staked out the front, waiting in the cold June air.

Danny laughed. “Is that true?”

“Yes,” we answered in unison.

“Well, maybe not the cold part,” I added.

But Danny continued grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

“Did you know they were coming? You’re usually terrible at keeping secrets.”