Chapter 8

Ashton

I had managed to get away from that fool Marcus. I walked through the party to get to the bar. I needed a drink immediately. I was stressed and nervous. I felt like a complete fucking idiot. I'm here at my clients engagement party and by the way I fucked him in the closet.

I shook my head free of the thoughts and order a Long Island from the cute bartender working the event. As he brought my drink back, I gave him a dazzling smile.

"Thanks handsome." I winked at him. I needed a distraction from Marcus and this whole mess. Mr. Bartender looked like he would be perfect.

"You're welcome pretty lady." He smiled back at me, winking as well. "I'm Tristan. And what's your name?" He leaned closer to me, over the bar.

"Ashton." I replied, matching his movements. We were so close to together. I had to admire is almond colored eyes that complimented his caramel skin. And his perfect smile wrapped in thick juicy lips did something to me. I wanted to lean over and have my way with him.

Why couldn't I have met him that night?

"Well Ashton, I would love to get to know you outside of this club. Let me get your number." Tristan said while sliding me his phone. I went to reach for when a chocolate hand pushed the phone back to Tristan.

"Get back to work. This ain't that type of party," the voice said, startling me. Tristan hurried and grabbed his phone, walking away. I whipped around and came face to face with Marcus's twin brother. "Damn you move fast. Not that long ago, you was getting banged  out by my brother and now you on to your next victim," he said with so much venom in his voice.

"Fuck you. I'm not even tryna be involved with your brother. His ass keep pressing me and I keep falling for it like a dummy. So you can save the speech you tryna give me and use it on your brother." I turned to walk away from this asshole. He was doing way too much.

He stopped me from moving. "Just leave him alone. He got a good thing going on with Shayla. He don't need you clouding his vision."

"Nigga, you don't think I tried?! He keep checking for me!" He was taking me out of my character. He was pissing me off. "Like I said, check your brother. I'm not tryna be involved with a man that's in a relationship. I keep telling him this. He won't listen. The problem ain't me. I shut him down many times but he keep coming back. I ignore him, he pops up at my office. He wants me." This time I get away from him successfully. I was heated. These niggas had me fucked up. I had to get out of here. I went to look for Shaniece. She could take over for me.

I find Shaniece near the buffet table loading up a plate.

"Shaniece, I gotta get up outta here. These people are working my nerves. I need you to take over," I informed her.

"What happened?" She asked with a surprised expression. I pulled her away from the table to an empty seating area.

"Girl, me and Marcus just got caught getting it in," I whispered.

"By who?!" She was shook.

"Luckily, it was his brother and not the fiancé. So I get outta there and I'm at the bar flirting with this fine ass bartender and his brother comes over to check me," I explained.

"You lying. Why he ain't coming at his brother?"

"That's what I said. I told him Marcus is the one pressing me. He need to take that energy to him. Anyway, Marcus brother pissed me off and I'm ready to go. Too much drama for the night. I don't need this in my life. I already feel like shit for fucking Marcus and then for his brother to come for me like I'm the problem got me all the way fucked up. They lucky I need the exposure for my business. Because if I didn't, I would not be seeing these people any more."

"Wow. This is crazy. You want me to cut Marcus's brother? You know I got your back."

"Girl, no." We bust out laughing. "I'm good. Just make sure the rest of the event run smoothly. Ima go home and relax. I need a glass of wine and a steamy bath."

"Ok babe. I'll call you later to let you know how everything went."

"Ok. See you later hun." I gave Shaniece a hug and turned to the nearest exit. I was almost to my car when I heard my name being called. I knew it was Marcus. I quickened my pace. I was almost completely in the car when Marcus grabbed the car door, stopping me from closing it.

"Where you going? Ain't you supposed to be working?" He questioned me.

"Ain't you supposed to be with your fiancé?" I shot back at him.

"Fuck all that. Why are you leaving?"

"Because I need to get away from all you crazy ass people. You and your brother are fucking nuts."

"My brother? What he do?"

"Don't worry about it. Look I need to go. If you need anything direct all your concerns to my assistant Shaniece. She will be taking over." I went to close the door but he had a tight hold on it. He reached in and pulled me out the car. He grabbed my face and kissed me. He kissed me with so much passion, he took my breath away. I tried to push away from him but he had me locked in his arms. His hand ran down my body and cupped my ass. He squeezed hard. I moaned into his mouth.

This man keeps getting me. I'm like a moth to a flame around him. He keeps pulling me in. Just as quickly as he started, he pulled away from me.

"Stop fighting me baby. It's something about you. I need you. I can't get you out of my mind. I never felt this way about anyone. Just tell me what you want. I'm not gonna stop."

"Marcus I need you to stop. This is wrong. We can't do this. You are about to be somebody's husband. Why do I have to keep reminding you?"

"You don't have to keep telling me shit. I know that shit. I'm confused. I don't know what to do."

"Well let me help you. This little fling is done. I don't need this shit. Only contact me if it is concerning your wedding. Bye Marcus!" I got in my car, slamming the door. I drove away without looking back. I had to get my life back on track.