𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

BREAK FREE 00 ; 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 !❝ not family ❞

❝ not family ❞

DON'T RUIN THE THORNHILL NAME.

Brian Thornhill hated that sentence. His parents ― George and Penelope ― have been telling him that ever since he was young; when he had his first rune ceremony. Thinking about it, that ceremony was the last of his childhood. George and Penelope never failed to tell him not to ruin the Thornhill name — even coming as far as forcing him to be better than everyone, building a perfect Shadowhunter against his will. Brian was practically their doll toy rather than their child. They will do everything to keep their family name above and alive, even if they have to force their son against his own will to do so.

Brian absolutely loathed his parents because of this reason, though he never stood against them out of love and respect. They're all he has, including his best friend, and without them he would be left with nothing.

"I definitely hate being a Shadowhunter." Brian grumbled as he ran a hand through his blue messy hair, a glare on his eyes pointed at any direction he could point it at.

His best friend, Tristan snorts in amusement, "Then what do you want to be? Mundanes?" Brian only rolled his eyes at the mention of mundanes.

He never liked them — all they do is complain, talk some nonsense and spend their boring life completely unaware of the danger that lurks underneath the shadows. Luckily, he wasn't born a mundane. Though, he wished he was something else than a Shadowhunter, or was born not a Thornhill. Being a Thornhill is suffocating. Tristan knows that and his struggles that he had to go through because of George and Penelope.

"What a friendly looking house." Brian sarcastically commented as they looked up at the old crooked house that looks like it came out straight from the horror movies.

Tristan gave him a side glare, "Can't you not be sarcastic for once?" He asked and earned a shrug from the Thornhill. "I can't, do you know me at all, Tris?" Brian replied with a raise of brows.

The Robespierre boy ignored him and grabbed his arm to drag him towards the front steps of the creepy house, also ignoring the hiss of "Let me go" coming from him. Smacking Tristan's hand away from his arm, Brian shot him a short glare before knocking on the door without wasting any seconds.

They were tasked to find out why the demons are draining mundanes of their blood; something that even the "perfect" Shadowhunter Brian didn't know the reason of. He usually knew everything about demons, Downworlders and Shadowhunters, but this was first time happening in all the years of the Shadow World creatures existing. Demons doesn't drain mundanes of their blood, unless they work for vampires, however, that's pretty unlikely. Now, they're visiting a house of someone that might know a lot about this strange occurance.

『 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 』 ᵃˡᵉᶜ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗʷᵒᵒᵈOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara