𝐗𝐈. ーDEFENDING THE WARLOCKS.

BREAK FREE 11 ; 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 !

"CLARY, WE HAVE TO MOVE." Jace calls out to the Fairchild girl when she leaned on the doorway as soon as they exited the Downworld Rave.

"I'm catching my breath." She snapped sharply at him, making annoyance grow in the Thornhill.

Upon noticing that his annoyance is starting to increase every seconds, Tristan gently grabs his arm and leads him over to the side so they both could lean back on it, the blue haired boy shooting him a look of gratitude with his effort to try lessen the annoyance. They decided to observe the entire scene before them instead, choosing to be silent and just listen to what all of them has to say about that Magnus got away with the necklace and victorian ring in his grasps.

Brian didn't really mind that the Warlock got away, at least now the Shadowhunters wouldn't use him for his powers. This wasn't an official mission anyway. Also, his duty is to look after Clary, not catch the high warlock of Brooklyn.

"You know what, this is great." Alec started, sarcasm lacing his tone completely as he threw his arms around in frustration at the entire thing. "And not only did Magnus not get the girl her memories back, he took the necklace and the ring. This is fantastic!"

"Alec, the girl, her name is Clary and I highly suggest you keep your voice down." Jace said through gritted teeth, his face coated in irritation towards his parabatai.

Alec dares stepping closer to him, eyes shooting daggers. "Why? What, are you afraid I'm gonna upset her? We have risked our lives again and again for this girl, and where has it gotten us? Alright? Nowhere." He spat in distaste. "We're no closer to getting the Mortal Cup and we've lost the Institute's necklace and ring."

"Hey, I am right here!" Clary raised her voice and marched towards them as she glared at the raven haired boy. "I don't care about your damn jewelry. I'm sorry you're gonna look bad in front of your bosses, okay? But my mother is still missing and my last chance at finding her just disappeared into thin air."

Jace tries to assure her, "Clary, it's gonna be fine."

"No, it's not." She snapped, turning her glare on him. "People are dying because of me. And Magnus? Magnus are never coming out of hiding again while Valentine is still after him. We're never gonna find him." The tone of her voice started becoming defeated, "And I will... I will never get my memories back." She exclaimed irritated, throwing something on the ground before Jace catches it quickly, realizing it was the Warlock's button.