𝐈𝐕. ーTHE PAIN OF LOVE.

BREAK FREE 04 ; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 !

THE RIDE TOWARDS THE CITY of Bones was insanely quiet due to the unknown tension that radiates from Brian, who only ever looked outside the windows as if the scenery were interesting to continue staring at. Something's bothering him; Tristan could tell easily. However, it was hard to figure out what since Brian has always been a professional when it came to not letting people know about himself. He's too cautious of others.

Meanwhile, the older Lightwood is filled with curiosity of what the young Thornhill has in mind. As unusual as it may sound for someone like Alec Lightwood, he wanted to know more about Brian and possibly relate to him and his experiences.

Brian Thornhill is like an unsolvable puzzle for Alec; nothing about him is an open book, you're gonna have to search for a key that could open it, which in this case, can only be found inside that book you're trying to open. The book itself won't open unless it wants to. Nobody will be able to solve a mystery that is Brian Thornhill, who locks himself up in a cage behind the thick, giant walls that he created, without his permission.

Perhaps, it seem strange that he's taking an interest on someone they've just met, and on top of that, who had been nothing but rude and nasty towards them. However, Brian was such a mystery and a new one for him. In the Institute, he was the only one who took the duty as a Shadowhunter seriously. He's incredibly loyal to the Clave, stoic, serious, uptight and possibly cold ― no one was like him or close to who he was. Jace and Isabelle were opposite from his personality; they liked to have fun and doesn't have any problem breaking the rules.

So maybe, that's why he started being too curious when Brian arrived. He felt the similarity yet difference between them.

He wants to know who Brian is as a person and not as a Shadowhunter. Well, it might be both, but he wants to get to know him nonetheless. Though, Alec knows that is an incredibly hard task based on how the Thornhill looks like he'd rather get bitten by a demon than to show anyone who he is behind those thick walls.

The van stopping snapped Alec out of his thoughts as they all scrambled to get the seatbelts off and got out, simultaneously looking around the City of Bones in both wonder and weirdness. "Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all." Simon sarcastically said as he nervously looked around, shifting in his place.

Tristan laughed light-heartedly at his fear and Isabelle chuckled, smirking. "Don't tell me you're afraid."

Simon looked offended, scoffing. "Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... Which sounded a lot better in my head." His voice became smaller at the end after realizing he didn't make sense at all, making the Thornhill roll his eyes while Tristan snorted in amusement.