"Sylvia, I don't wanna fight with you. All in saying is, I have a bad feeling, and-and I had a dream about it last night—"

"Oh my god." Sylvia groaned, sighing heavily. "You think I'm pregnant because of a dream?! A dream, Spencer."

"Have you been taking your birth control everyday?" I asked her, making my voice lower so she'd take me more seriously.

"Yes!" Sylvia said, then hesitated. "No. I only take it sometimes, it-it makes me fat."

"Well, you know what else is gonna make you fat? A baby growing inside your uterus!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up. "Not that there's anything wrong with that. But come on, just think about it."

"I am! I am thinking about it, and you're being crazy!" Sylvia shot back, "you're making jokes right now, meaning even you aren't taking this seriously!"

"I'm not joking, Sylvia! You're showing symptoms! Pregnancy symptoms, and I would never want you to have a baby if you don't want to, which is why I just want you to go to the clinic with me—"

"Oh my god."

"What?" I asked exasperatedly.

"This is why you fucking asked me if I wanted kids, isn't it?!" Sylvia suddenly shouted, making my eyes widen.

"N-no!" I yelled, "I-I mean, yeah, but it doesn't matter—"

"Spencer, what were you going to do if I told you that I did want kids, huh?" Sylvia suddenly asked me, and I felt my heart flip upside down with fear, knowing exactly how she was taking all of this.

I sighed, trying to stay calm. "I would've done the same thing, Sylvia. I would've told you to go get yourself checked out—"

"You would've just waited for me to grow the entire baby inside of me without letting me know!" She exclaimed, and I shook my head frantically, having to slowly lower myself onto my couch before I could faint.

"Sylvia, you're kidding, right? You know I'd never do that to you!" I cried out. "God—why the fuck would you think that?!"

"Then why did you ask me last night, Spencer?"

"I-I don't know!" I yelled, "I don't know, okay?! I just wanted to know if you would ever want kids, but I didn't mean now."

"You did, though. You asked that question yesterday because you saw that I was having symptoms. You wanted to see whether or not I was fine with you putting a baby inside of me." Sylvia growled, chuckling bitterly. "...what are you going to do now that I said that I don't want any? Are you done with me? Time to move on?"

"What? No!" I shouted, shaking my head. "I'm not done with you, Sylvia. I don't care if you do or don't—I just want to be with you. Forever, no matter what. And I'm sorry, okay? I-I should've just told you—I-I would never take advantage of you like that, I promise." I said, my words so rushed and frantic that it was almost pathetic. I was just so desperate for us not to fight anymore.

"I'm sorry." I croaked out. "I know you don't trust me, b-but this is ridiculous, Sylvia. I'm just looking out for you, and you're lashing out at me."

Sylvia was quiet on the other end, and I sighed heavily, dropping my head back against the couch. I was speechless, not even sure what to do at this point—hell, I didn't even know if I'd actually gotten her pregnant. This entire thing could've just been blown out of proportion.

"I'm not pregnant. I don't want to be pregnant." She finally whispered, and I felt my heart break at how scared she sounded. "Spencer, we're barely even dating, t-this is crazy, and I can't—"