| five

SPENCER REID

SPENCER REID.

   THE CAR RIDE WAS ONCE
again, dead silent. I was pretty much used to being in a car with her, sitting in our misery together, but today was a different type of misery. Sylvia was still sulking all by herself in the passenger's seat, staring out of the window like she was in some kind of music video.

I still felt bad, but you know...I hated her, really.

"How'd you even remember that case from last year?" Sylvia suddenly asked me when she apparently got bored of being all angst-y. We'd been sitting in the LA traffic for about half-an hour now, which honestly was a record for how quickly she started a conversation with me.

"Well Connelly, I'm not sure if you know this but I have an eidetic memory." I told her sarcastically, glancing over at the woman with amusement. She was not.

"Oh." Sylvia grunted.

"Did you really not know that, Sylvester?" I asked her. Alright, the nickname was just a natural instinct at this point.

"Well...I just thought that I was special." Sylvia scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Also, can you stop calling me Sylvester? It's seriously annoying." She said sassily.

Wow. Alright, miss moody pants. I was gonna tell you that you are special, but I absolutely wouldn't have meant it.

"It's fitting for you." I replied.

"I'm not a 73 year old man." Sylvia grumbled with annoyance.

"Shocking." I mumbled.

Sylvia huffed, crossing her arms. "Dickbag." She mumbled.

"Wow. If only Derek and the others knew you were such a bitch." I told her, then immediately shut my mouth with guilt. Shut! Up! Spencer! You're making it worse!

I saw anger flash through her eyes, the woman clenching her jaw shut tight and turning away from me to get back to being all sad. I sighed heavily, trying to find something to say.

"So, um, what's wrong with you today, anyways?" I asked her, clearing my throat awkwardly. Was that an inappropriate question? That was probably an inappropriate question, considering the fact that I'd picked on her all morning.

"And you're asking me that?" Sylvia shot back with a small scoff, proceeding to not look at me. I pursed my lips together with hurt, looking back at the roads ahead of us. Alright, I deserved that.

I could say sorry, but Spencer doesn't really apologize to Sylvia. Otherwise...he would've apologized for being such a dick the first day they met, or that time when he told her that her hair looked bad when it really didn't.

Man, this Spencer guy sounds like an absolute dick. I rolled my eyes at my own internal commentary.

I heard a shuffling noise and watched Sylvia take out her phone. But dear god, if she wasn't angry before she was absolutely enraged now. I swear to god, the look in her eyes could've made volcanoes erupt in Hawaii and caused tsunamis in Japan. I could feel the anger radiating from her little body. It freaked me out a little—no, a lot. I was scared of her in that moment, really.