| fourteen

SPENCER REID

SPENCER REID.

OH SYLVIA, I REALLY DO
wish.

I bit my tongue to stop myself from saying it out loud, lavishing in her burning cheeks and piercing glares. That look on her face was absolutely delicious, I wanted to soak it all up. Only Connelly could look that gorgeous while being pissed. She looked better when she was happy, though. Duh.

As we dropped the whole Spencer is a manwhore, discussion, I started to wonder if that was how she actually thought of me. If she thought I was some man who threw themselves around.

The truth was, I rarely had sex with the girls I brought home. The routine would be foreplay, but I rarely ever took it that far.

In addition, my biggest secret was that I brought them home so I could have someone to talk to. Because I was that desperate to just sit down and have a deep conversation. At this point, I knew basically the whole D.C. female population's darkest and dirtiest secrets, like they do mine.

I was lonely.

My mom used to be that person for me. She used to be the person I could always talk to when I came back from a bad case. Those cases that made my hairs stick up at the thought of it and made me too afraid to even fall asleep. And now, it was gone.

She couldn't even recognize my face now, so what was I supposed to do?

Sylvia Connelly probably thinks I'm the biggest douchebag of the century. I wish I could change her mind, because truthfully, her piercing glares and dismissive attitude was beginning to hurt. I just wanted to get close to her, even though I knew I couldn't have her and that she'd rather die than want me.

Some things hurt. Connelly is a real big pain in my ass.

And the fact that that officer was giving her the lovey eyes all morning made my stomach twist in a way I thought it'd never twist, especially for her. It was red hot jealously, and I'd be an idiot to not acknowledge the feeling.

I wish she could be uglier or less charming. I wish I could stop thinking about her gorgeous features and how her smiles lit up every room she entered. I wish she actually would look at me like I didn't ruin her life for once.

It was unfair.

|

SYLVIA CONNELLY.

This can't be happening right now.

No. Absolutely not.

We were huddled at the hotel lobby, ready to hit the hay after a long day of working on the case.

And Hotch just came back, telling us that the hotel only has four available rooms for us, and that it was somehow our fault that our reservations merged with someone else's reservations.