FINAL CHAPTER - Part 2: the far side of the moon

not long after, a door knocking with soyeon's voice awakened miyeon. she opened her eyes.

"..."

she couldn't hear what the voice said because her brain was buzzing. she got up and managed to stagger to the door, after taking a breath, opened it.

"minnie, mr.yeh-" soyeon stopped with a shocked face, "...oh miyeon, hi, um... are you aware that... you're naked?"

miyeon looked down and saw her whole body exposed. she abruptly looked back at soyeon, whose eyes were wide open. then she slammed the door in her face.

"nice body, though." soyeon shouted behind the door.

miyeon insulted herself and looked for her clothes. a lot had happened in the last half an hour, and she started to remember, 'shit, shit, shit. what did i do?!' 

soyeon went back to the living room in deep thoughts. she wondered why she missed everything in despite of living in the same house. she shook her head. 'i should focus on the important things now.' they had received a pre-recorded call from jiahao about the antidote; he said the scientist managed to make a steam treatment, using the formulas. so they started the healing plan. he spread the steam there with his own helicopter. they had yet to know if it worked or not, but, he said they need to spread it over as many areas as possible, one way or another. now he was coming with his private jet here.

'when i land, someone has to come and drive me there. it will take about 11 hours for me to arrive england. '

this was the last sentence of his call. and soyeon saw the call so late. there were only 2 hours left. 'this is bullshit. but we got nothing else to do.' she thought.

"so? did you talk to her?" soojin asked.

"she's kinda busy. where is yuqi and shuhua? did you see them?"

"hmm, no i haven't seen them since this afternoon."

"argh! why are we so separated? i should drive to the airfield, but i have never used that violence machines."

"you mean, guns?"

"yeah," she hesitated a little before continuing, "...and now you are in charge of them."

"what? no! i haven't touched them since that day, and you know it."

"we may get in a must-do situation, soojin, and you know how to use them. i don't know anything about guns. please babe, we're talking about our safety."

"i don't know anything about guns either. i just went to the shooting range a few times, that's all. and, since when did you start calling me babe?"

"since you became my girlfriend."

"we're not girlfriends."

"but, we did everything except for being girlfriends."

"i don't care."

"okay, whatever. shall we focus on our problem now? we should go!"

soojin sighed, "fine!"

***

the virus lives on a living thing, such as humans, animals, plants. there was a possibility that shuhua had touched any of those trees while walking the driveway. she was looking at the silhouette in front of her, overwhelmed with the thought of being infected with the virus. the silhouette was not yuqi, even though she wanted it to be her so much. with bloodshot eyes and pale face, it was one of those infected creatures.

the infected people somehow get sensitive to adrenaline, and like a dog, they can sense it. so if you feel the fear, if your body secrete that hormone, they will attack you. shuhua was ready for anything, so she wasn't afraid. and it did not attack her. it was the first time that shuhua had seen one so closely. the zombie came and looked at the girl. it was she, a very beautiful woman actually and was looking blankly as if her head was emptied.