Chapter VI - Love or Hate

disinfection area of the bunker (representative):

one of the bedrooms of the bunker (representative):

© these pics are not mine all credits goes to the owners

"it's there." yuqi said,  "okay, i'm on it."

yuqi, soojin and shuhua were in the library, and yuqi was climbing up the ladder. she touched the 'above' book, but it didn't move. then, she pulled it with all her might. it clattered, and a sound heard from the ground. a cover of a hidden square door on the floor opened a little. shuhua opened it completely with the help of soojin. there was a narrow tunnel with a fixed ladder.

"okay i'm not going in there." soojin said, "i've had enough today."

shuhua looked at the girls, "i'll go. but i need a flashlight."

"here!" minnie came to the room with a flashlight, "i'll be right behind you."

"i'm coming too." yuqi said.

shuhua took the flashlight and went 15 meters down the ladder. minnie called her before following.

"tell me what you see, shu."

"an escape tunnel, i guess." her voice was muffled through the walls.

"okay, i'm coming."

they all went down except for soojin. she was still trying to recover herself, but, she couldn't stop thinking about what she did to that thing. she decided to go back and sleep as long as she can.

***

"this place, how can i say... formidable?" yuqi asked the girls, walking after them.

"there's a sign on the wall of every entrance. so, apparently, this one is disinfection entrance area." shuhua said.

minnie's mind was so empty at that moment. her anger towards her father was increasing deeply. this place was something else, and her father had never talked about it. she always thought her father was a lousy man, but she hadn't expected this much. he was involved in a blood bath.