The day before they were set to head back to Hogwarts Fred pulled Lacey into his room and locked the door.

"Hello," Lacey giggled.

"Hello, Love. I finally received your gift," Fred smiled down at her.

"What is it? What is it?! What is it?!?!?" Lacey said, jumping up and down like a child.

Fred laughed and handed her a small blue box, "open it."

Lacey slowly opened the box, revealing a beautiful white gold ring, with a blue sapphire heart in the middle and two diamonds on the side.

"Oh my goodness, Fred, this is beautiful!" She said, her eyes slightly tearing up.

"It's called a promise ring. I learned about it in muggle studies. I know you and your mum used to do muggle stuff whenever you saw her and thought this was a good idea. The sapphire is for September, when we met for the first time. Of course the heart is because I love you. I always have and I always will, Lace."

Now there was big, ugly tears pouring down Lacey's face, "this is gorgeous Fred, I don't think I deserve you."

"You deserve everything. The promise I want to make to you is that I will always love you, always be true to you, and never hurt you intentionally. I want to grow old with you, but we're too young for an engagement. Mum would freak," Fred told her, laughing.

"Wait, no one knows about us yet. What should I do?"

Realization dawned on his handsome face while he thought of an idea.

"Oh, maybe I could put it on my necklace?"

"No, I have an idea, if you're okay with it,"

"Sure, what is it?"

"If I'm making this promise to you, I don't think we should keep our relationship a secret, I want to tell everyone."

Lacey smirked at him, "oh, so now who can't keep a secret for very long?"

"Yeah, yeah," he said, rolling his eyes at her and slipping the ring onto her left hand ring finger.

"I want you to know that despite what happened in our past, it will never happen in our future. I love you, too, and I will never hurt you again. I promise," she said to him, starting to tear up again.

"I know," he said sweetly, staring down at her, "I want you to forget it ever happened. I'll do the same. No more bringing it up. You've learned from your HUGE mistake," Fred laughed.

Lacey laughed with him, loving the sound of him laughing happily.

"Well, lets go tell Mum and Dad," he said.

Lacey was nervous, she though Mrs. Weasley would hate her for hurting Fred.

"Don't be scared. They love you. The whole summer they were so worried about you and kept telling me to leave you alone to process things. I swear they're not angry with you."

Lacey nodded and they walked down the steps to get his parents. Lacey waiting in the living room for Fred to come back.

"What is it, Fred? I swear if this is one of your pranks I will ship you off to Romania with Charlie so he can use you as bait for the dragons," Mrs. Weasley told the ginger boy.

"No, just need to talk to you and dad, calm down," he laughed.

The door opened and Mr and Mrs. Weasley stood there a bit confused after seeing Lacey was in the room alone.

"Are you two together again?"

"Yes, we are. We wanted you both to know first. We've spoken already about what happened last time and we're both happy," Fred told them.

"I won't ever hurt him again," Lacey said, tears falling from her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Oh, Lacey, it wasn't your fault! We are so happy you are both together again. Fred was miserable without you. You two remind me of Arthur and I when we were young actually, but I won't bore you with the stories. Thank you for telling us," Mrs. Weasley said, meaning every word and hugging the couple.

Lacey let out a shaky breath as Mr and Mrs. Weasley left the room.

"See, that wasn't so hard. I told you they weren't angry with you," Fred said to her, kissing her gently.

Lacey and Fred stood there kissing for a few minutes before Fred led her to the couch. He sat down and pulled her onto him, not breaking the kiss. She was straddling him and things were getting pretty hot and heavy before they pulled away, gasping for air.

"Maybe not the best place to do this," Lacey said, sliding off his lap.

"Yes, I think you're right," Fred replied, trying to fix the bulge in his pants.

"I wish I could take care of that for you," Lacey whispered in his ear, her hot breath tickling him. 

Fred shot up and grabbed her hand, pulling her up to his room and locking the door. Lacey tried to muffle her giggles.

He started kissing her again as they went towards his bed, both of them completely ready to fully give them self to the other. That was, until George knocked on the door.

"Oi, let me in, I'm trying to work on something."

"Sod off," Fred yelled back.

"Don't make me get mum!"

Lacey giggled as Fred stomped over to the door and opened it. Once George saw she was in there his face turned serious.

"You better not fuck while I'm in this house, and definitely not in my room!"

Lacey covered her face, embarrassed.

"I'll do what and who I please when I please. Thank you," Fred replied, shoving him back into the hallway and locking the door.

He turned back to the blonde girl, "now where were we?"

"We were going to go see if your mum needs any help with dinner," Lacey said.

Fred groaned loudly, cursing his twin for the bad timing.