The First Task

The first task was approaching quickly, it was set to begin at 10AM. Lacey had heard from Cedric who heard from Harry that the first task was something to do with dragons. Cedric seemed to be in good spirits and was always trying to make Lacey less nervous about the tasks. He had been training four times a week leading up to it and brought Lacey along with him just so she could see he was doing well.

Since the night that the champions were selected Lacey made sure she wasn't alone with Fred. Mostly because she didn't trust herself. Neither of them have brought it up, but it was very active in both their minds. Fred has tried a dozen times to get her alone again but she had a million excuses.

Everything was going well, Angelina had agreed to a date with Lee about a week ago and she said it went surprisingly well.

Fred and George spent their free time creating products for a joke shop they wanted to have once they're done school.

Lacey and Cedric were still very much in love. Cedric has hinted a couple times to Lacey that he'd like to spend a 'romantic night' with her, maybe during the Christmas break. Lacey had no problem with him spending the night, but she wasn't ready to have sex with him so she told him that.

Lacey was sitting between Fred and George eating breakfast. Well, everyone else was eating breakfast, Lacey was staring straight ahead zoned out.

"Lacey, you need to eat something. You'll see even worse on an empty stomach," Fred said so just she could hear.

"I ate already," she replied unconvincingly.

Fred gave her a look and she picked up a piece of toast, eating it slowly.

"He's going to be fine, you know that right?" Fred said.

"I hope so," she replied quietly, biting her bottom lip subconsciously.

A low growl came out of Fred's mouth and she looked at him, "stop biting your lip, Lace," was all he said.

She didn't listen and he gently grabbed her chin and used his thumb to move her lip from underneath her teeth. Lacey's heart was beating rapidly and she felt like it was just her and Fred in the room. They were looking into each others eyes and before either of them could make a move, Fred snapped out of it. Knowing that if something happened right now in front of the whole school that she would regret it instantly.

Fred cleared his throat and Lacey snapped back to reality too. She glanced around quickly and realized no one else witnessed what had almost happened.

"I'm going to go sit with Cedric, I'll see you guys later. Save me a spot in the stands?"

Her friends nodded and told her to tell Cedric to be careful and wish him luck. With one last look at Fred she walked over to Cedric and squeezed herself in between Cedric and Alex.

"What are you doing here?" Cedric said happily.

"I just thought I could come be with you before the first task. I'm sure the professors won't mind too much," she said, smiling at him.

Cedric felt his spirits raise and he knew he could win this.

"We need all the champions to make their way down to the Quidditch Pitch in ten minutes," Professor Dumbledore announced.

"Can I come?" Lacey asked.

"Absolutely," he said, kissing her forehead, "I'd like for you to meet my dad, he'll be there as well. Are you okay with that?"