The Yule Ball (Part Two)

Walking into the Great Hall and seeing the transformation was incredible. Everyone walking in was in awe, taking it all in.

"I just found out from Professor Flitwick that the champions and their dates need to lead the first dance after dinner," Cedric whispered in her ear.

"What? Me and you?" She asked, slightly panicked.

"Yeah, It's tradition," he replied.

"Okay," she said, unsure of herself.

Her and Cedric have never danced together. She's just hoping that they would be as good together as her and Fred. Especially with the whole school and guests watching.

They sat at a table with all Cedric's friends and their dates. Lacey was slightly upset that she wasn't spending the dinner with her friends, but this night was supposed to be for the champions so she didn't say anything.

She ate her dinner quietly and snuck glances at all her friends having fun. Fred glanced in her direction multiple times and tried to make her laugh or smile. He felt bad that she was stuck with Cedric and his boring friends.

"Guys, stop fooling around. Lacey's having a terrible time and I think we're making it worse," Fred told everyone at the table.

They immediately stopped and just ate their dinner.

"If everyone could please stand up, and we will begin the dancing portion of our night, lead by our four champions and their dates," Dumbledore announced

Everyone stood up and the plates, cutlery and food disappeared from each table.

Cedric held Lacey's hand delicately and brought her to the dance floor. Lacey was very nervous and she was shaking slightly.

"Woah, is that Lacey Lupin? She looks so sexy," a random boy said to his friend loudly.

Lacey's face heated up and she pretended not to hear him. She saw Fred smack the back of the boys head. The music started playing and they began to dance slowly.

"Are you okay? You're shaking," Cedric asked her.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous," she said.

They danced for a few minutes and other couples started joining in. Cedric was pulled away by his dad to talk to some ministry officials and Lacey made her way to Fred who was sitting alone.

"How bad was I?" She asked him.

"You were great. Very graceful and angelic," he replied truthfully, "I think every guys attention was on you," he added.

"No! Don't say that," she said, hiding her face.

"You look incredible, Lace. They're going to stare," Fred said.

"Well I wish I got a different dress. I feel so bare."

"That dress looks perfect on you. I promise. Now can you dance with me? Looks like Cedric is dancing with Cho."

Lacey turned around and spotted her boyfriend dancing with Cho Chang, but unlike the first time she saw them together, she didn't really care.

"Yeah, let's dance," she smiled at him.

He led her to the dance floor and held her body close to his and they began dancing. She felt so at home in his arms and she was finally enjoying herself. They danced for a bit and then Fred suggested they go outside. Lacey nodded at the suggestion because she was feeling quite warm due to the dancing and close proximity to Fred.

Fred held her hand and they made their way to the Quidditch Pitch so they could sit down.

"Wow, it's so nice out," Lacey said, looking at all the stars in the sky.