Practice Dancing

Professor McGonagall and all the fourth year and above Gryffindor students were seated (boys on one side and girls on the other) in a large classroom. There was an announcement that she needed to make to the students.

Lacey was very excited to hear of the Yule Ball. She loved getting dressed up and having an amazing time with her friends.

"Now, I want you all to pair up to practice. I do not want any of you to make a mockery out of Hogwarts."

Lacey stood up, knowing who she wanted to dance with and walked toward him. He only had his mind set on her and immediately walked to her too.

"May I have this dance, m'lady," Fred said, bowing as he did so.

Lacey giggle and held her hand out, "Absolutely, kind sir."

He put one had on her waist and the other held her hand. The music began to play and they danced expertly to it.

"You're not so bad, Mr. Weasley," she complimented.

"You're perfect," he said back.

She shot him a smile and he smiled back, thoroughly enjoying themselves.

"So, who are you going to ask to the Yule Ball?" Lacey asked him.

"Well, there's only one girl I'd like to go with and she's already taken, so I'll have to be okay with just practice dancing with her."

"Oh, Fred.." Lacey started to say, not sure what she wanted to say to him.

"It's okay. As long as you're happy, then I'm okay. Just save me a couple dances?"

"I'm sure that won't be a problem," she smiled at him.

Lacey felt like her heart was going to burst because of all the emotions she was experiencing. He was looking at her so lovingly she couldn't handle it.

"I want you to be happy too, Fred," she said truthfully.

"I know you do, and I am happy."

"Okay."

The music stopped and Professor McGonagall asked that everyone switch partners to get a feel of how other people dance. Lacey didn't move out of Fred's arms.

"You all need to switch partners, Ms. Lupin," Professor McGonagall called to her.

"I did, this is George. I was dancing with Fred last time."

"Oh, alright then. Continue," she said.

Lacey, Fred and George stifled laughs as the music started to play again. Fred wrapped his arms around Lacey's waist and she wrapped her arms around his neck. They were incredibly close to one another. Fred's hands were sliding down slowly toward her bum and she shot him a flirty look.

Lacey cleared her throat, "I have a boyfriend you know."

"I know," was all he said and he left his hands resting right above her bum.

She rested her head on his chest as they swayed to the music, she could hear his heart beating rapidly and smiled at the sound.

"Great job, all of you," Professor McGonagall shouted to the students, "you are all free to go."

Fred and Lacey pulled apart reluctantly and smiled at each other. When Lacey was with Fred it was as though Cedric didn't exist, but as soon as she came back to reality she felt terrible. Even though she wasn't physically cheating, she felt like she was emotionally cheating because of her strong feelings for the ginger boy. When she was with Cedric it felt like it was just her and him, Fred seemed to disappear from her mind. Sometimes she just wishes she could have both boys.

"We're going Yule Ball shopping tomorrow, you're coming right?" Angelina snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Yes!"

"Great, I'm so excited."

"So am I."

The girls walked to the Great Hall for dinner. As soon as they walked in they noticed all the bouquets of flowers everywhere and Cedric standing in the middle of all of them. Angelina set off for the Gryffindor table as Lacey walked to her boyfriend.

"What's going on, Cedric?" She said, looking at the beautiful flowers and wondering where he got them all on such short notice.

"I, Cedric Diggory, am asking you, Lacey Ryder-Lupin, to be my Yule Ball date," he said.

Lacey giggled at him, "of course I'll be your date, silly" she said.

Suddenly, all the flowers disappeared minus the one in Cedric's hands and he gave them to her.

"I love you," he said.

She was inspecting the beautiful flowers and when she looked up to Cedric she saw Fred standing behind him at the Gryffindor table. He had never heard her say she loved Cedric, she never told him that she did. She caught Fred's eye and replied "I love you, too."

She looked into Cedric's eyes after and hugged him. Fred felt like he had maybe imagined what just happened. Or he was reading too much into it. Either way, he was ecstatic.

Lacey made her way to her spot at the table and sat down, pretending like nothing happened.

The girls began talking about dress colours, shoes and hair styles. They were trying to pair each person with the perfect colour to complement their appearance, but couldn't decide on Lacey's best colour.

"I think Lacey should wear a light blue," Angelina said.

"No way, a deep royal blue would make her hair and complexion really pop," Katie Bell said.

"I think a nice green would make her eyes stand out even more," Hermione said and Ginny agreed.

"I think red looks best on you," Fred said, but Lacey wasn't sure if he was talking about clothing colours so she sent him a shy smile.

The girls agreed that red would look good and they made a plan for the Hogsmeade weekend.
They were going to get there for 10AM tomorrow, get their dresses and then their shoes. Eat a late lunch with the boys and then head back to Hogwarts. There was only two weeks until Christmas/ the Yule Ball so they had to get everything this weekend.

The entire dinner was just talk about the Yule Ball, they walked to the common room and were still talking about it. Hogwarts never had anything like this happen so everyone was excited about it.

Angelina and Lacey went to their dormitory to go to bed so they would be well rested for the shopping trip.