Chapter Eleven:Breakdown

Gia's Pov
It felt like quite a few months had gone by and honestly, I saw that mine and Seonghwa's relationship wasn't improving not one bit.

And Hongjoong being the observant person he was knew something was right, but I didn't wanna make Seonghwa more pissed off than he already was.

He was strict about what he meant. We didn't get to do our vlives and I felt us grow distant.

It felt like back when I would avoid him on purpose but I just felt my mental health drastically changing.

It wasn't just about Seonghwa but I doubted my place in Ateez constantly.

Preparing for another comeback made it a little worse but I found myself overworking myself staying late at the company to re-record my parts in songs in the new album practicing my dance non-stop. And it was long overdue but a breakdown was soon to happen.

Throwing my hair up into a messy style with it growing back faster.

I picked up my bag with all my practice stuff in it, tying up my dance shoes.

I then sunk out my shared room with Mingi hoping to sneak pass everyone doing a movie night but froze shutting my eyes when I heard Yunho.

"Gia where are you going?" I nibbled at my lip hoping to make up such a quick excuse that I could think off because they weren't gonna let me go if I said I was gonna do extra practice when we already did almost twelve straight hours.

"Uhhh I'm gonna you know take a quick run." I lie seeing Hongjoong look at me before he stood up.

"Let me come with." He offered. I shuffled back and forth a little unwashed but nodded looking towards Seonghwa.

I saw he was keeping a straight face refusing to look at me for a while.

Hongjoong came back shortly changed into some sweats and a random throw hoodie. He placed his arms around my shoulder before he followed me out.

"So let's head to the dance studio." I stared at him quite quickly but he then just threw me a small look.

"Gia I know you better than you know, I always have to look after you more because like it or not you are sensitive and hold in all your emotions so come on let's talk."

_________________________
Listening to the intense base of our new song that would be released in a short month, I tried to repeat the steps of the choreography hearing Hongjoong's loud voice counting out the steps.

"Five, six, seven eight!" I listened to the vocals focusing on my footing already in a deep sweat but I lost my footing having me land on the floor with a heavy thump.

"Fuck." I grunted out quickly sitting up Hongjoong then just shut the music off "That's enough Gia no more if you keep pushing you're, you are gonna sprain your leg we are done." He ordered in his leader's voice but then that's when all my emotions I hid just started coming out.

I started crying, and I hated crying showing weakness. "No Joong! I can't I have to keep going if I don't I'm gonna fall behind I don't want anyone to hate me! Please I just need to do this." I sobbed out quietly pressing the palm of my hand into my face shaking roughly.

I heard the quick squeak of Hongjoong's shoes before he dropped down quickly hugging me.

"Gia no one hates you, you have so many people believing in you hmm remember I told you that." He held the back of my head with his hand pressing his cheek on top of my head.

"I told you to stop holding on your emotions look at you, Gigi... You are slowly killing yourself from the inside out trying to perfect, when you learn that you can't be perfect that's when your greatness will show don't cry." Hongjoong whispered to me slowly rocking my body slowly.

"Everyone hates me... I feel like I shouldn't even be in Ateez. Everyone is so awkward all but Mingi, Seonghwa hates me all because I was too dumb to even notice simple signs."

I sniffle but Hongjoong just tightens his grip quite fast before we heard a voice startling me.

"I don't hate you, I love you." I looked up for just a moment to see Seonghwa entering the practice room.

Hongjoong stroked my head for a moment before he kissed my temple.

"I'll leave you two to talk." He whispered to me gently standing in a crouch he held my hands giving them a soft squeeze before he left me there with Seonghwa.

Who made his way over to me before he kneeled down in front of me to yank down the sleeves of his sweater, wiping the tears away with his sleeve.

"Gia I'm sorry... For making you think I hate you when it's the opposite." I kept sniffling quietly staring into his eyes.

"I'm sorry too... I didn't know I'm very stupid." I told him but he just shook his head.

"I sort of overreacted maybe we both are stupid." He chuckled making us both just chuckle quietly but he stared at me with a gentle softness.

"I know you have a lot of pressure and I know I just made it worse but I hope you can forgive me, I've told you many times you belong in Ateez you balance it out quite a bit, and besides I couldn't imagine it without our princess... My princess." I stared at him.

Before I wiped at my cheeks as well tossing my arms around him to hug him deeply feeling him return it squeezing me in a tight embrace I rested my head on the crook of his neck feeling him nuzzle me quite a few times.

"I love you too," I told him quietly feeling him run at my back as much as possible both of us left in this slow quiet silence surrounding us.