Dreams || Jeon Jungkook

Song Jinhee's phone rang, her best friend's special ringtone echoing against the tiled bathroom. She wiped the tears from her eyes and cleared her throat. She didn't want him to know that she had been crying.

"Yeobeoseyo?"

"Jinnie~" Jungkook said from the other side of the line. "let's have dinner together later!"

"You seem excited."

"I have something to tell you."

"M-me too." Jinhee smiled sadly, although Jungkook couldn't see. "I'll let you know what time I'll be available."

"Ah, my best friend is such a hardworker~" He cooed. "Okay! See you later!"

Jinhee hung up and stood from the bathroom floor. She fixed her appearance in the mirror and turned on the faucet, splashing some water on her face before heading back to her dorm. She was greeted by her three roommates, all of whom were on their phones, lying on their beds.

"Hey, we're free for the rest of the night, right?" She asked. One of her roommates nodded. Jinhee sat down on her bed and sent Jungkook a quick text, telling him that she'll meet him at 6PM. She then set her alarm for 5:45 PM, then closed her eyes, wanting to just forget about everything.

Her eyes shot open when her alarm rang, and she lazily stood up from her bed. Her sleepiness was immediately shaken out of her system when she remembered what she was about to do later.

Jungkook texted her that he would meet her at their favorite restaurant, so she made her way there, taking her time.

She was dreading having to face him.

He was already seated near the windows when she arrived. He waved at her as she approached, a huge smile on his face.

"Jinhee-yah!" He exclaimed as he hugged her. Jinhee chuckled, patting him on the back. They both sat down after they pulled apart. The waitress approached them and they ordered, and then they were left alone.

"So-" Jinhee started, the same time Jungkook spoke.

"I-"

They laughed at their mistake. Jungkook waved his hand, indicating for Jinhee to go first, but she shook her head.

"No, you go first." She said.

"Okay." Jungkook grinned. He then sat up properly and puffed up his chest. "You're looking at the youngest member of Bangtan Sonyeondan."

"Bulletproof Boyscouts?" Jinhee asked, raising an eyebrow. "Is that some sort of gang?"

"What? No!" Jungkook exclaimed. He grabbed both of Jinhee's hands, making her look him in the eyes. Jinhee could see the pure happiness radiating from them. "BTS is BigHit's new boygroup. We're debuting in a few months!"

"Congratulations, Kookie. I'm so proud of you." She smiled genuinely, tears of joy were starting to pool around her eyes. Jungkook chuckled as he grabbed a tissue to gently wipe them away.

"What did you want to say?" He asked. Jinhee cleared her throat and looked away.

"Forget it, it's not important." She replied. She didn't want to bring down his happiness. After what he just told her, she couldn't possibly drop the news on him.

"Come on. Tell me." He insisted. Jinhee sighed, dropping her gaze to her lap where her hands were.

"I'm going back to Busan." She whispered. She didn't look up. She didn't want to see Jungkook's expression.

"What? Why?" He questioned. "Did your label drop you? Do you want me go there and-"

"No." Jinhee interrupted, putting her hand on his to calm him down. "I-I'm-" She stuttered, embarrassed about what she was going to say.

"-I'm quitting."

"Jinhee-ah-"

"Jungkook-ah, I'm not good enough!" She burst, letting her tears flow down her cheeks. "I've been training and training but I don't feel like I'm improving at all." She sobbed. "And I feel so lonely. I miss my mom and my dad. I miss my sister. Heck, I even miss my brat of a brother."

She paused, taking a deep breath and collecting herself.

"I miss our friends, I miss my home."

Jungkook was silent the entire time, so Jinhee raised her gaze to look at him.

There was so much sadness in his eyes. He looked so heartbroken.

"Won't you miss me if you leave?" He whispered.

"Jungkook-ah, you belong here. I don't." Jinhee replied, her gaze softening.

"Song Jinhee, listen to me." He said firmly. "We promised to each other that we'll be on stage together someday, and I won't let you break that promise. You're the most talented girl I know. You just have to hold on a little bit longer."

At that point, he was also beginning to tear up.

"Please, for me."

Jinhee, she could never say no to him.

"Okay."

"Everything will be okay, Jinnie." He assured. Jinhee gave him a small smile.

A few minutes later, their food arrived and the two ate happily. When they finished, Jungkook walked Jinhee back to her dorm, giving her one last comforting hug before walking back to BigHit.

When Jinhee entered the building, the receptionist ran up to her.

"Song Jinhee, where have you been?"

"I'm sorry. I just had dinner with a friend."

"And you didn't check your phone?"

Jinhee checked her phone, which was on silent, and saw that she had eight missed calls and twenty-three texts from her roommates. Her eyes widened as she read some of them.

변예성 (Byeon Yeseong): Where are you? The manager just dropped by looking for you.

이귀정 (Lee Gwijeong): Hey, you need to go to the CEO's office right now!!!

Jinhee immediately rushed to the CEO's office, running as fast as she could. She stopped in front of the door and knocked, opening it when she heard a voice telling her to enter from the other side.

When she opened the door, six pairs of eyes landed on her- the CEO's, someone who Jinhee recognized as one of the managers, and four of her fellow trainees.

"Jinhee-yah, please sit down." The CEO said. Jinhee nodded and went to sit on the empty chair which was next to her friend and fellow dancer, Kang Seulgi.

"Girls, thank you for meeting me at this hour." He continued. "I'll cut to the chase, hm?"

The five girls all looked at each other, unsure of what to expect.

"Bae Joohyun, Kang Seulgi, Son Seungwan, Park Sooyoung, and Song Jinhee, the five of you will be debuting next year as SM Entertainment's newest girlgroup, Red Velvet."