15: The Battle Begins

Start from the beginning

All seven of them were perturbed by the capricious behavior of everyone as they set foot into the room.

"You guys are a bit late. Did something happen?" I asked them.

"The counter-spell isn't ready yet.. If we play the counter-spell in the first round and it doesn’t work, the Sirens will know what we’re up to! They'll make sure we don’t get a chance to play it again if that happens!" The Equestrian Princess gives an explanation, clearly stressing over the matter.

"We’ll just have to buy ourselves some time so Twilight can keep workin’ on it." Applejack joined.

"So we're going to compete in the Battle of the Bands for real. I'll take over lead vocals again, and we stay alive until the finals. We'll unleash the counter-spell right then and there! Twilight is going to have it figured out by the finals so we'll be fine." Rainbow Dash shows a confident smile.

"Then I wish you guys the best. We'll be right behind you." I gave them a smile.

With flushed cheeks, they also wished us luck before sauntering over towards Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna to check in for their attendance.
We'll just have to see how it goes from here on out.. Good luck girls.

[~~]

The Battle of the Bands had begun with Snips and Snails performing as rappers

The Battle of the Bands had begun with Snips and Snails performing as rappers. Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna were settled behind a desk, watching and hearing Snips and Snails beatboxing.

The Rainbooms, along with Sunset, were next to the stage. As soon as Snails starts the intro, everyone begins to cringe at their performance.

Snails: Aw, yeah! Snips and Snails in the house, yo!

Snips: They call me MC Snips, and it ain’t no lie
My favorite food is, like, pumpkin pie

Snails: I’m DJ Snazzy Snails, I like whales
        When I go to the beach, I always bring my pails

I could see Pinkie Pie bobbing her head and dancing to their rhythm; it seems like she's enjoying their performance unlike many other people..

Snips: Everybody knows my favorite color is orange
My rhymes are so fly, you better…uh…um…

Snails: Than an orange, yo!

Snips: Yeah!

Snails: Yeah!

Snips: Represent!