15: The Battle Begins

Comenzar desde el principio

We didn't spot the Rainbooms or Sunset Shimmer anywhere in the gym. Twilight and the others were supposed to check in about fifteen minutes ago since they're performing right after Snips and Snails. I wonder what's taking them so long?

Speaking of Snips and Snails...

"A rap duo with Snips and Snails, huh?" I noticed the two males wearing red and blue hoodies, sunglasses, baseball caps, black jeans and tennis shoes.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Jin shakes his head.

Gently tapping on a microphone, Principal Celestia speaks into the device and everyone goes silent upon hearing her announcement.

"Welcome to the first-ever Canterlot High School Battle of the Bands! I believe I speak for everyone when I say it is by far the greatest thing we have ever done here at this school! We are so glad our three newest students encouraged us to turn this event into something exciting!"

Principal Celestia gestured to the Dazzlings. The three girls are lounging on top of the bleachers; Adagio and Sonata sitting on the seats while Aria is lying down with her elbows propped up. 

"But as this is now a competition, we can only choose one winner

"But as this is now a competition, we can only choose one winner. Who is it going to be?" Vice-Principal Luna takes the microphone from her sister's hand.

The moderate opal-eyed woman made things worse and all hell broke loose; in result of that, the familiar green mist appears once again and swirls up into the pendants of Adagio, Aria and Sonata.

I wanted to do something but Jin held onto my shoulder.

"It's best if we let the Rainbooms and Sunset Shimmer deal with this. Right now, we need to keep an eye out for that strange person. If things get too wild then we'll intervene." The light gray and black-haired male says over the fuming grumbles.

Biting back an argument, I let out a sigh and stood down.

I didn't want to admit it but Jin's right. The girls have to work together to defeat the Dazzlings; this is their battle and theirs alone. From their previous victory, I knew Twilight and the others were going to do just fine. 

I believe in them and Sunset Shimmer.

This is the chance for Sunset to evoke a new magical element but it wasn't going to be that easy with the Dazzlings around..

"They're here." Jin glanced towards the door next to him.

The Rainbooms and Sunset Shimmer opened and entered through the doors. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Fluttershy carried their instruments, Pinkie Pie had her drumsticks, and Twilight held the animal lover's notebook to her chest.