15

"Hakeem" Sydney smiled, pulling him into a tight hug "How you been boo? I missed you" Hakeem pulled away from the and followed Sydney into the living room.

"Shit I been good. Wassup with uou?" He plopped down on the couch.

"Living. How long you in town?"

"Few days, I had to slide through and see my Bestie though"

"Yea duh since its been almost a year since I seen you" They laughed together as the door opened and Sky could be heard laughing. Jayceone, Imani, Lona, Xavier and Sky walked into the living room.

"Hakeem!" Sky yelled, jumping into his lap.

"Hey baby girl, Wassup?"

"We went to the beach" she smiled wide.

"Let me guess. You brought your barbie with you too?" She nodded quickly as he stood up and set her on the floor. Walking over to Imani, he pulled her into his bear hug "Lil dawg, I missed you"

"I missed you too. Where's Stephanie?"

"She ain't come this time." He shrugged, sapping Jayceone "Lil nigga gettin big and shit? I might have to fuck you up just cause"

"Hakeem don't get hurt now" Hakeem laughed and turned towards Lona and Xavier.

"How y'all doin? I'm Hakeem, a family friend and the best nigga around"

"Hakeem, that's Xavier. He's my boyfriend and t-" he threw his hand up, stopping Imani from finishing "What?"

"Boyfriend? Imani, you ain't nothing but 12. The hell you doing with a boyfriend?" The room erupted in laugher "I'm gon fuck you and Jayceone up. Let me guess, you his girl?" He looked at Lona.

"Yes" Jayceone said as Lona said no. "Yea, she my girl." He cut his eye at her.

"Iight, I ain't mean to start not drama"

"Is that my nigga Hakeem?" Damian walked down the stairs. When him and Hakeem saw each other, they gave each other a hug like they've been best friends since birth.

Over the years, they've become close. More than friends and see each other as brothers.

"How you been nigga? I ain't seen you in almost a year" Damian said after they pulled away "Where lil man and Stephanie at?"

"They stayed back home. She been off work for a few days and was too tired"

"Well shit, how about we all go out for dinner?" Sydney said, standing up with Sky on her hip "Adults only"

"Cool, let me get dressed" Jayceone smiled. His mom, dad and Hakeem looked at him "What? I'm 18"

"No, you're 17. In 3 months, you'll be 18" his dad said "But I like that. Come back here around 7 and we'll head out. The kids can stay here"

"Iight cool"

**********

"I'll be back baby. I'm about to head over to my place and get some clothes" Xavier moved to the edge of the bed and reached down for his shoes. "Want something while I'm gone?"

"Mountain dew please" she mumbled, working on her math homework. "And Sky something to eat too"

"Gotcha. Gimmie a kiss?"

She pecked his lips twice and smiled "Hurry and come back"