From top to bottom

This is my first attempt at smut so don't blame me if it's shit lol

Arthur groaned as he pulled up to another red light, the third in a row. He let his head fall back on the seat, tapping his fingers anxiously on the steering wheel as he waited for the light to turn green. All he wanted was to come home from a long day of work, watch doctor who reruns with his Husband until he either got sleepy or horny then go from there.

The second the light turned green he slammed his foot down on the pedal and sped as fast as the speed limit would allow him too, swerving in and out of lanes until he approached the next set of lights.

Just when he thought luck was going to be on his side, the lights switched to yellow and before he even knew what he was going, he shook his head and sped through the light.

With the last speed light behind him, it was only a few more blocks to his house and just the thought of seeing his Husband again made his heart speed up in his chest and a smile to grace his face.

The second he pulled into the driveway, he was greeted with the deep bark of their golden retriever in the backyard. He parked the car, reaching into the backseat to grab his laptop case before heading towards the house.

He twisted the key in, pushing the door open and breathing in the homely scent of whatever meal Merlin decided to make for dinner. Merlin's Mother was always cooking for him as a child and now that he was an adult, he took that role in the household and made mouth watering meals every night, ready for Arthur when he gets home.

"Merls, i'm home" He called out, setting his things on the kitchen counter and heading towards the large pot on the stove. He opened the lid, breathing in the warm smell that made his stomach grumble and just as he was dipping his fingers in, he felt strong arms wrap about his waist from behind and felt his Husband's chin on his shoulder.

He hummed contently, leaning into the warmth and closing his eyes as he felt warm lips slowly trail from behind his ear to the base of his neck.

" i missed you" Merlin murmured in his ear, tightening his grip. Arthur turned around and smiled, bringing his hands up to brush the hair from his loves face before leaning forward and catching his lips in a sweet kiss.

Even after 3 years of dating and a year of being married, the feeling of Merlin's lips against his own made his heart swell and warmth pool in the pit of his stomach.

"i missed you too, i love you" He smiled when he pulled back, leaning forward to peck his lips again before pulling out of his grasp and serving up dinner.

After they ate, the two boys lie huddled up together on the couch under a thick blanket, watching the last episode of doctor who like they did most evenings. Sometimes they would watch some crappy rom com movie or Arthur would suggest a horror movie just so he could wrap his arm tightly around Merlin whenever he got scared, but most of the time they watched doctor who, simply because it was Merlin's favorite.

"how was work?" Merlin asked, idly playing with Arthur's fingers that rested on his stomach. Arthur hummed in response, nuzzling his face further into his Husbands neck and breathing in the comforting smell of lavender and shampoo.

"pretty boring. had a meeting first thing which lasted 2 hours because Gilli kept messing up the whiteboard presentations"

Merlin chuckled in response, the deep rumble of his chest shooting straight to Arthur's groin and it was pretty clear he wasn't going to sleep any time soon.

"give him a break, he's from the stone age, he doesn't know how to use computers"

Arthur too chuckled at that, a fond smile gracing it's way to his lips. Merlin was always the kind of person to see the good in someone, to defend them if the situation needed it.