SR - TALK

Yerim felt sleepy after dinner. The SAU troop took it as a sign that the party's over.

However, Yerim had a slight tantrum attack and wouldn't allow Seulgi to go home yet. In the end, Sooyoung, Krystal, and Amber decided to wait outside while Seulgi waits for the kid to fall asleep in her arms.

"I'm sorry for bothering you so much tonight," said Joohyun's mom, helping Seulgi tuck Yerim to bed.

"It's alright, Ma'am. I want to spend more time with her too. I don't know when I'll be able to see her again."

The older lady sighed. "It's gonna be hard for us tomorrow to explain why you won't be able to visit here for a while."

"It'll just take a few days. I'm sure she'll forget me eventually." That thought made Seulgi sad. She stood up from the bed. "I guess this is it. Thank you for the nice dinner. Please extend my gratitude to Joohyun as well."

"Uh, Seulgi?"

"Yes?"

"I know you never expect me to say this... but could you please say goodbye to Joohyun too before you go?"

Seulgi didn't know what to react. "M-ma'am..."

"She hasn't been herself since you confirmed that you'd come tonight. I don't know what's up with her."

Seulgi looked down and exhaled.

"Please, Seulgi?"

Seulgi finally nodded.

"Thank you. She's in her room, in her old room. I told her to wait there for me while I escort you outside. I have a feeling she doesn't want to see you go, like before."

"It's always as equally as hard for me, Ma'am."

Joohyun's mom smiled. "She never let Junmyeon stay in that room. Whenever they visit here, they stay in the guest room instead. I don't know why. But maybe she's trying to preserve some of your memories there."

Seulgi felt her confidence building up a bit with what she heard. Even so, that didn't stop her from feeling nervous. "I should say my goodbyes to her now, ma'am. I don't want to keep the others waiting outside."

The older woman nodded. Seulgi left the room after that.

---

Seulgi has been staring at that familiar door to Joohyun's room for two minutes now, her heart beating louder with each second passing by. She took another deep breath before finally taking the courage to knock three times.

"Come in..." said Joohyun from the inside.

Seulgi's hand trembled on the doorknob. She turned open, stepped inside, and closed it behind her.

Joohyun turned around at the sound. "Mom, did they--oh."

Seulgi slightly smiled after seeing Joohyun's shocked face. She felt sad too. They weren't like this before. Joohyun usually runs towards her in excitement and jumping onto her for a big hug. Not like this.

"Your mom asked me to say goodbye to you..." said Seulgi, trying to look calm as much as she could.

"S-she did?" Joohyun looked more surprised. "I'm sorry. Dunno what's gotten into her."

"Me neither. Wish she could've been like that years ago."

Joohyun folded her arms and looked away, smiling. Seulgi scratched her neck, smiling at their inside joke.

"So, how are you feeling now?" asked Joohyun.

"Better. Thanks for dinner. It was awesome."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by here tonight."