SR - BREAKDOWN

"I'm curious." Seungwan turned sideways to Joohyun. "Did you even follow her out?"

Joohyun had an expression like she couldn't believe Seungwan is asking her that.

"Of course, I did. I had to put on some clothes first since I just came from the bathroom. But yes, I did follow her out. I looked everywhere but couldn't find her. Tried calling but I couldn't reach her. I even tried calling Sooyoung, but her number is no longer available."

"Okay. That's good to know."

"Come on, Seungwan. You know me better than that."

"I know. It's just that I never got the chance to hear about your breakup in this way. You told me what happened, but you never gave the teeny-tiny details."

Joohyun sighed. "Maybe because I felt ashamed of myself for what I did to her. She didn't deserve to be treated like that."

"Are you saying that you weren't planning on telling her about Junmyeon?" asked Joohyun's mom, inserting herself in the conversation. "Well, in my opinion, she needed to know you're not happy with her anymore."

"Mom, first of all, there's nothing to tell about Junmyeon at that time. He and I were plain friends," said Joohyun. "Second, yes, I was sad because I miss her all the time. But that doesn't mean I'm no longer happy with her. And third, Junmyeon's case has nothing to do with Seulgi and me. He was willing to listen to me, someone whom I can talk to about my grievances. We instantly built this connection because he's dad's intern."

"But you liked him, right?"

"Yes, I won't deny that. But it's not like what I've felt for Seulgi. It's just that I found comfort in him because he's the one who's always there. But I never considered him as someone who'll take Seulgi's place."

"Then what's with the change of heart?" asked Seungwan.

Joohyun contemplated for a moment before saying, "I stayed in the hotel the whole night waiting for Seulgi, hoping to make it up with her. But after seeing the morning AEF news about the new SAU members flying for Brazil, I knew she'd left me for good. I knew she's no longer coming back to me."

---

"I bet our training in Brazil was a perfect distraction for a broken heart, " said Amber. "We're almost died there due to exhaustion. Jeez. I even thought I wouldn't make it out alive."

"Well, the training takes my mind off the pain somehow during the day." Seulgi nodded. "But night times are freaking hard for me."

"Now I know why your eyes were always puffy in the morning," teased Sooyoung. "I'm not sure if you guys recall, but Seulgi was like a crazed Zombie every drill. She was the only one willing to try all the dangerous stuff."

Seulgi chuckled. "I guess I found new strength after the breakup. I wasn't afraid of dying anymore." She looked at the kid who's sleeping in her arms. "No one's gonna cry for me anyway."

"That's not true. I'm sure there are other people out there who care for you," said Krystal. Amber punched her affectionately, but she swayed the hand away. "So, after the two-year training in Brazil, did you hear anything about her?"

"I did. From Sooyoung." Seulgi looked at Sooyoung. "After the training, I was assigned to the Northern Lands while Sooyoung was assigned back here. Didn't know that they still keep in touch."

"We ran into each other, had a quick catch up, and exchanged numbers," said Sooyoung. "Besides, we were good friends. Your breakup doesn't mean that we have to stop talking."

"Is she already married when you met her again?" asked Amber.

"Yup. She just got married at that time to the same guy."