SR - DAWN

There was a loud gasp around the Control Room.

"What happened here?" Commander Sunny just got back from outside.

"It's Captain Seulgi, Commander," answered one personnel. "She jumped out of the vehicle to rescue Dr Kim Junmyeon."

"What!"

"Joohyun!"

The scream of Joohyun's mom caught all their attention. She's fanning her daughter with her hand while Seungwan adjusts her position as Joohyun is leaning on her.

"Medicks! Mrs Kim collapsed!" called Commander Sunny. "Assist her immediately!"

The medicks came in right away.

Commander Sunny turned to the screen again, thinking that what Seulgi is doing is suicide.

---

Seulgi knows what she's doing is suicide. But if there's a chance she can at least save Yerim's dad, it would be enough for her. She'd be happy to know she risked her life to save the guy. Yerim will not have to grow up fatherless.

And Joohyun will be happy too.

Yes, that's what's important.

Because even after all these years, she wishes nothing but the happiness of the woman--even if it means taking her out of the picture, out of Joohyun's life completely.

Seulgi injected another booster into her body. She knows this isn't good as she might overdose. But she doesn't care. She used her remaining strength to run back into the village and attack the monsters that are already cornering the car.

She killed one.

Two.

Three.

But they are too many.

The car tried running over some Evens, but they just stand up after.

Seulgi attacked again. Killed one more. She looked around and realised all the Evens are running towards them now. Seulgi knew that this is the perfect chance. She took out the bomb Doctor Minho gave them. She detonated it and threw it on the ground.

Nothing happened.

One Even attacked her. She fell to the ground. The Even started webbing her foot.

Another Even tried to snatch her away from the first one. She was tossed into the air, then hit the ground again. She felt pain all over her body.

She doesn't know what's happening anymore. Everything is starting to become blurry.

She took one last glance at the car and saw the window on the driver's side rolled down.

He's looking at her, his face apologetic. Then he mouthed, "Thank you."

Seulgi blinked. In her mind, she smiled, but she knows her face didn't show it.

Before everything went dark for Seulgi, she heard the bomb finally explode.

---

"So, you woke me up this early so that we could witness the dawn?"

"Mmm-mmm."

"After staying up all night, making love, you woke me up this early so we could witness the dawn?"

Seulgi laughed. She hugged her girlfriend on the side and kissed Joohyun's temple. "Trust me. This is something you'd want to see. There is magic in it that people always take for granted."

Joohyun scoffed jokingly. Seulgi smiled at her, internally admiring Joohyun's beauty with that after-sex-hair. She kissed Joohyun's temple again.

"I love you."