Chapter 18: A Light Supper

Start from the beginning

Reginald picked it up, looking at it before looking back at Diego. "Well...I suppose you've solved it. You've single-handedly unearthed my nefarious plot. Is that what you want to hear? You fancy yourself a do-gooder?"

Esme gripped the edge of the table slightly as she looked at Reginald, she honestly wasn't surprised he was saying these words, but she was worried for Diego at this point.

"The last good man who will save us from our descent into corruption and conspiracy? This is a fantastic delusion. The sad reality is that you're a desperate man, tragically unaware of his own insignificance, desperately clinging to his own ineffectual reasoning. More succinctly, a man in over his head." Reginald finished.

Diego slowly sat down, tears in his eyes as he glared at the man, a tear falling down his cheek. "You're wr-wrong." He stuttered and Esme quickly scooted her chair closer to him.

"It's okay. Don't listen to him." She whispered into his ear, placing one of her hands on top of his in his lap, Diego quickly grabbing it and holding onto it tightly.

"He doesn't know anything about you, he's trying to get in your head." She whispered once again, looking at him worriedly as the table was silent.

"Look, forget about the president. We have a catastrophic war coming in five days. We need to figure out how to stop it." Five leaned over the table slightly.

"War? Men will always be at war with each other." Reginald told the boy.

"No, this isn't just some war. I'm talking about a doomsday. The end of the world." Five elaborated more.

"Well, you're the special ones, aren't you?" Reginald waved his arms slightly before clasping them on the table. "Why don't you band together and do something about it?"

"Alright. Screw it!" Ben quickly jumped inside of Klaus where everyone's heads snapped to the direction of Klaus as he had his arms in the air, shaking a bit.

Esme quickly pulled away from Diego and looked at her other brother worriedly. "Is he having a seizure?" Esme asked worriedly.

"Overdosing probably." Diego suggested with no emotion, just looking at the table.

"Should we do something?" Luther questioned, not really knowing what to do.

"Klaus, stop it." Five whispered yelled, thinking it was Klaus being Klaus.

"Now is not the time. What are you doing?"

'Klaus' continued to gasp before slowly turning towards Reginald who once again looked very confused.

"I'm..."

"Out with it boy." Reginald urged.

"Ben." Suddenly Ben flew out of Klaus' body, laying on the floor with Klaus going right next to him.

"Oh, my god." Esme pushed back her chair, letting it squeak against the floor as she rushed over to her brother, kneeling down.

"Klaus?" She asked, tapping his cheek slightly as he panted.

Reginald looked at Klaus then to the remaining siblings at the table. "Well...thank you for coming." He stood up, grabbing his things. "I've seen about enough."

"Look what you did to me!" Luther ripped his shirt, showing his deformed chest and Esme looked up, rolling her eyes.

"Look at it!" Luther shouted, as Reginald looked at him.

"Luther. This isn't Magic Mike. Button up your shirt." Esme scoffed, before turning back to Klaus below her.

"You in the culottes. A word, in private?" Reginald pointed to Five before walking up the stairs, Five following behind.