Chapter 18: A Light Supper

Start from the beginning

"I want to see yours." 

Esme looked up and her eyes widened as she saw her siblings looking at her. "Oh, I don't know. I really don't like doing it and I haven't done it-"  she looked to her left and saw Five was giving her a pleading look.

"Ohhhhh. Ok."  She groaned slightly before placing her drink down.  She started to dig deeper, trying to find someone who would come out until she tapped the table.

"Found one.  Would you like to see her?"  She asked Reginald as he clicked his pen, placing it on his notepad.

"Yes." 

"Your funeral...oh wait."  Esme's eyes widened a bit as she realized what she said, making Diego stifle a laugh once he was done groaning in pain.

"You can come out and play Chastity."  Esme commented as a little girls laugh echoed throughout the room, making everyone jump slightly in their seat besides Five and Reginald.

Soon a little girl ran down the stairs, she wore a blue ribbon in her long blonde curly hair, while she had a red dress on. 

"Awe. She's so cute."  Klaus placed his hand dramatically on his chest while the girl looked at Ben, waving as she held a big grin on her face.

Ben smiled to her and waved back.  This was a demon that Esme could communicate with?  Ben could hardly believe it.

The girls face suddenly dropped before her eyes turned black, her dress ruined and her teeth turned sharp, along with claws coming out of her hands as she quickly flashed forward towards Reginald.

Both Ben and Klaus let out a frightful scream at the sudden change of character.  "Get her away!"  Klaus shouted as he made a cross with his fingers.

"Go away Chastity."  Esme declared and the demon child screamed at Esme.  "I said go!"  Esme shouted and suddenly the girl was gone.

"Holy shit.  That's what you saw growing up?"  Allison questioned and Esme shrugged.  "Yup."

"Moving on."  Five let out a deep breath as he looked back to Reginald.

"Right."  Reginald nodded before looking at Vanya.  "And you?"

"Uh, maybe we don't take Vanya for a test run."  Luther patted Vanya's hand.

"Oh, yeah, that's probably not a good idea."  Klaus Lenard back in his chair while Esme nodded in agreement.

"It's fine."  Vanya shrugged.  "I can handle it."  She grabbed a fork.

"Handle it?"  Esme raised an eyebrow, leaning forward a bit.

"Last time you handled it. You definitely blew up the moon."  Allison stated next to Vanya.

"No, Vanya don't!"  Five shouted as the other siblings backed up a bit in their chairs as she was about to tap the glass, protesting for her not to do it.

Soon enough the fruit bowl in the middle exploded, sending it everywhere.  "This was my favorite shirt."  Klaus mumbled as Esme pulled some out of her hair.

"Oops."  Vanya smiled innocently.

"Look, we know you're involved with the plot to assassinate the president." Diego stood up, leaning over the table. Esme looked between the two while Five was irritated with Diego.

"You were recently hospitalized, isn't that correct?" Reginald questioned. "You still appear to be suffering from delusions of grandeur and acute paranoia."

"Am I?" Diego grabbed the picture from his pocket and set it down in front of Reginald.

"Explain this. That's you, two days from now at the exact spot the presidents gonna get shot."