chapter 6

Hajia Fatima P.O.V

Every mother's wish is to the her only daughter married and living happily and in peace with her hubby and her in_laws but in my own situation things are not going well zakiya isn't ready to move on and give another man a chance I have talk to her and advise her as a woman not even as her mother but still she isn't ready and am not going to force her to do as I want but the problem is her father has made his decision by giving her 6months for saleem to either convince his mother and come to seek for her hand in marriage or he will get her married to the man of his choice and she won't object or disagree with him and she agreed I didn't have a say in the Matter but I have been praying for the best for her and I told her to do the same thing because in life we can't always get what we want or desire sometimes what we love isn't good for us and what we don't even expect to have  end up being the best thing that has ever happened to us. I don't know why hajia hafsa doesn't even like my daughter it's not she's irresponsible or isn't well bought up but Allah knows best and he will guide us through this situation.

Alhaji Ibrahim P.O.V

My wife and I have been thinking through on how to tackle the situation but zakiya isn't ready to accept her faith since she came back she has been disturb distracted and overthinking herself about the whole incident and it's not we're the one's at fault when I was told about her relationship with saleem I was so happy that Allah has blessed me with a good son who will take care of my daughter but unfortunately its either it's not meant to be or it's still yet not time because I believe nothing happens without a reason and there's no delay without blessing coming with it after so much thought I made my decision clear to her and she agreed but I don't want to force her so I requested to see Alhaji mansur and we talk through everything he confided in me about his true relationship with saleem that he isn't his biological son he told me the history of his past and it was so painful I really sympathise with him over it but I told him to have patience that everything will be fine even his wife that is using it to blackmail him she won't succeed in shaa Allah but he should discuss it with saleem maybe only then will things fall into place even though it won't be easy but saleem is matured and responsible enough to understand why since all this years he was kept in the dark about his true identity I feel so bad but I can only pray for him.

Halima's P.O.V

After 3months of all the incidents that has been happening in the family all the tension well Alhamdulillah I got engaged and my wedding its around the corner maybe with all this the family mood will change and we can have a normal life like always I met Bashir when I was in the UK he was studying engineering we kind of met accidentally but nothing happens just like we started as enemies anytime we come across each other we always end up either quarreling or looking down on each other just after the last incident Bashir's friend Adnan became friendly with me we often hangout together after school so just one day he was telling me how bash always talk about me with them and always telling them he looks for my trouble intentionally I was like oh really I got to know he was interested in me and even collected my number from Adnan even though he hasn't called yet but just Saturday evening I got a text from an unknown number saying

Hi beautiful how are you doing and how's your day but good well just wanted to apologise for causing you so much trouble can I get another chance to make it up to you that's if you don't mind please
B.

I wasn't that surprised so ignore the first message he keep texting me ever now and then at long last I had to reply back only because of zakiya had interfere and now am so happy that I got to reply that message he was the best thing that has ever happened to me he makes me smile all myself like a weirdo but Alhamdulillah I feel so lucky and blessed he graduated before me like a year left for me to also graduate he joined their family business and after 7months of our relationship we got to know each other very well and understand each other enough so he bought the married issue which I accepted and we got engaged After my graduation baba fix the date to November 5th I had always wanted yaya saleem to get married before me but it didn't happen so I can only keep praying for the best for him and zakiya knowing she's my bff I begged umma to please allow her attend NY wedding function she's one of my bridesmaids and she agreed I was to happy that day I had to visit her I wore my Ankara gown purple with white and drove my car without even telling her I was coming just wanted to surprise her and it worked because she was shocked like she has seen a ghost.

Yaya saleem P.O.V

After seeing how umma was behaving i decided to just let her be and keep praying for the best because only Allah can turn her heart around and only Allah can make it possible for me to marry zakiya since after our last conversation she doesn't even pick my calls and ignore my messages it made me feels like she doesn't love me anymore but I didn't want to believe it and feel negative about our relationship so I keep myself busy with lots of work I pick weekends to hangout with my friends nazir and Suleiman my childhood friends they're also bachelor just like me so there's no reason to make fun of me assuming umma didn't bring all these I would have been the married one among us they really sympathise with me nazir even mock me that he will jump on and marry zakiya if am not taking her serious they all don't understand where the problem is coming from but they all know am not a man of dating after like a year and some months I saw zakiya together with my lil sis halima I was surprised but really happy to see her again after a long time of no calls or message I was thinking she must have been move on from me but she hasn't especially seeing the decision her dad made I couldn't talk to her in the house because of umma but I told lil sis to call me when they're done I will drive her home and surprisingly she also didn't object I think she also want to say something to me I have really missed her face her voice and her laughter ya Allah see us through this hardship make it easy for us I went back to room just waiting for lil sis to call I prayed magrib just after I finished her call came through that zakiya was leaving so I quickly dressed in my maroon kaftan took my eyes and went outside the gate to wait for her and just after some few minutes they came out laughing together I got lost with my thoughts I have always pictured our future together with so much love and happiness how I wish she's my wife now and i just came to pick her so we can go home together but Allah knows best when she came out we greeted each other and i felt so peaceful just hearing her voice always calm my nerves down she got inside the car and we drove off they was a silent awkward in the car so I had to break it because I know she won't say anything.

My beautiful angel I have really missed you it feels like a 100years without you.

She didn't say anything instead she looked at me and smiled that painful smile that made feel so distressed because seeing her like that always breaks my heart so I stopped the car and looked towards her, my love I know things are difficult and there's nothing I could even do to ease your tension but please don't give up on me just give me and us a chance I know it's hard trying to convince umma but just keep praying for us like am also doing in shaa Allah God will see us through and behind every delay there's khair in it and I have so much faith that your the one for me because I can't picture myself with anyone except you I just can't do without you even all these while that you've been ignoring me it wasn't easy for me am just being patience because i don't want to push you away but if possible please beautiful angel even if you can't pick my calls just help me with a reply of my message it breaks my heart not hearing from you am begging you my love don't push me away please.