"You burned a lot of calories? What about us?" Hulk said as he grabbed half a dozen pancakes from Neymar's plate. He was oblivious to what was going on.

"And that's why they call you Hulk." Dante observed and we all laughed.

"The Hulk."

After a while the room started to fill with people. "Are you done?" I asked Neymar. He nodded. "Let's go."

We both stood up. "We'll see you out there." Neymar said but they almost didn't notice us since Dani and David had entered a lively debate about something trivial.

"Let's go to the field." I told Neymar thinking it would be empty.

"You know, the one thing we can do out in the open, without having anyone question our motives is play." Neymar said.

"I didn't know talking was so suspicious."

He chuckled and ran ahead towards the bench. He opened up one of the baskets and took out a ball. He started kicking it between his legs "You sure you don't want to join me?" He asked me.

"Alright." I said. The temptation was high.

He grinned as he kicked the ball towards me. "Is it just me or is this kind of sexy?"

I controlled the ball with my leg, resting it between my calf and foot. I did the around the earth trick without taking my eyes off of him.

"I think it always was."

"When it's you against me."

I bit my lip as I let the ball flow to the ground tossing it from my left foot to my right and moving towards him.

"I've told you don't do that! You are trying to distract me!"

"Is it working?" I asked as I tried to pass by him. I did so successfully, before he could block me.

"It's working like a charm." I heard him mutter as he chased after me. Now he had an advantage over me, which was his speed. I stopped suddenly and before he could block me I did a 360 turn and escaped again.

"Someone isn't in good form today!" I mocked him, kicking the ball towards the empty net.

"Neymar, she's kicking your ass!" Dani yelled from across the field as people started coming out.

"To be continued." Neymar said to me.

"Absolutely."

When everyone came Scolari congratulated us once again but made sure to tell us how far we still had to go before kicking off the practice with some warming up. We started running across the perimeter of all five fields.

"Why are there photographers? It's not an open practice." I asked David as we ran.

"Just for the warm up." David told me. "They'll take some pictures, show that we are alive and well and relaxed on the first practice after the game and then they'll be on their way."

"More articles." I said irritated.

"You haven't been online since yesterday, have you?" David asked me.

"No. Why? Do they know?"

"Relax princess."

"Don't call me princess David. It's rude."

He looked at me wide eyed. "Anyway they don't know. But you are mentioned. There are rumors."

"As long as there are no pictures..." I said. "The rumors are unsubstantiated."

"For now."

"Whose side are you on, exactly?" I asked him.

He laughed. "Yours of course." He said messing with my ponytail.

"Now, since my love life is at an all-time high, we have to do something about yours."

"All-time high ha? In what universe does a kiss make all the problems go away?"

"You are so positive all the time and the moment I get positive you become the most pessimist person in the world."

"You aren't positive. You're ignoring the facts."

"Maybe so, but we aren't talking about me now. As a matter of fact, I know about Bruna."

"Thiago? I swear I'll kill him!"

"You can't leave the NT without a captain."

"I'm already plotting his assassination in my mind."

"What did Bruna tell you?"

"Liv, I really don't want to talk about it."

"How bad is it?"

"Seriously!" David snapped. "You've told me absolutely nothing, even if you said you'd talk to me before we left! And screw me! You haven't told him anything! Do you really think you'll get away with it? And for how long? So stop poking your nose where it doesn't belong and start fixing your own crap!" He said and sped up. I stopped running and just stared at him.

"What's the matter with him?" Neymar asked, grabbing my arm and urging me to continue running before the coaches took notice. "Why did he snap at you?"

"He..." I started saying but I was speechless. David was absolutely right about what he said about me. But absolutely wrong about everything else. He was my friend. And I'd do anything to help him, the same way he had done for me this past month.

"Is it about Sarah?" Neymar asked.

"And us." I said. I didn't want to lie to him.

"What problem could he have with us?"

"He doesn't. He just... He was trying to help."

"I wasn't aware we needed any help." Neymar said, his face suddenly worried.

"No, no we don't." I said, touching his arm reassuringly. I dropped it before anyone saw us. So much for not lying.

 David was right. Neymar would want to know the truth I so much dreaded to tell him. Maybe not today or tomorrow but soon. And he deserve to know it. Otherwise I wouldn't be giving us a fair chance. And I wanted to, more than anything in the world.