"Nice to meet you. I'm Murphy," Murphy replied, giving her hand a strong shake.

Denise nodded and let out a shaky breath of air, "I know that. Well, everyone knows you around here. You saved that girl... Tara? You tried to save Reg. It seems like being a doctor is in your blood."

"Well..." Murphy trailed, feeling her face warm. "Thanks for the compliment, but it's only my job."

"That's what I'm here to talk to you about!" Denise exclaimed eagerly, but a tinge of anxiety still laced her voice. "I'm here to help. I went to med school, even trained to be a surgeon. But after the panic attacks, I got more interested in psychology. Pete didn't want me here, but now that he's gone... I thought you could, maybe, use the extra help?"

Murphy smiled and reached over to set a hand on the new doctor's shoulder, "I would love that. We get to be coworkers!"

Denise chuckled, this time in a more comfortable manner, "I'm excited! Thank you for everything. You're a lot more welcoming than Pete."

"Yeah... I'd hope so," Murphy grimaced lightly, but her face turned questioning. "By the way, have you seen Jessie or the kids lately? I wanted to check up on them, see how they're doing after everything."

Denise leaned against a stack of crates and shook her head, "No, I haven't. Seems like they're sticking to themselves in their house."

"Okay, I might swing by later," Murphy mumbled to herself, losing her train of thought momentarily. "Listen, I can tell you're nervous. Don't worry about anything, okay? I'll be here with you, and we can do this together."

"Thank you, Murphy," Denise genuinely spoke.

Murphy smiled in response, but before any more could be said between the two, light knocks sounded from the front door. Murphy sent a look to Denise before turning and opening the door in anticipation. Maggie stood before her, an unreadable expression upon her face. It looked as though it was a mix of... excitement, contentment, and fear all in one. Murphy let her hand slide up to rest upon the wood of the door, putting her weight on one leg.

"Hey, stranger. How can I help?" she asked, holding the door wide open for Maggie's entrance.

Maggie opened her mouth to respond as she made her way inside the infirmary, but came to a halt as she saw that Denise was there as well. She gave an apologetic look to the new doctor, but smiled nonetheless, "Hey, Denise. Mind if I just talk to Murph?"

"Not at all," Denise raised her hands to signify there was no problem. "I'll see you two later!"

Just as she made her way to the door, she let out a sound of exclamation, turned where she stood, and rushed over to grab the textbook she had been studying not ten minutes before, "Can't forget this."

Murphy laughed, "No you can't. It was nice meeting you, Denise."

"You too!" the jittery psychologist called as she exited the makeshift hospital and shut the door behind her.

The two women who remained faced each other and Murphy pulled up a chair for Maggie, "She's so sweet. Is there something wrong, Maggie?"

"No," Maggie responded quickly as she took a seat in the chair. Murphy sat before her with concern in her eyes, but Maggie continued with a soft smile. "There's nothin' wrong. Actually, it's the opposite. I'm... well, I'm pregnant."

Murphy's eyes widened with pure joy radiating from them, a grin spreading across her face as she reached forward to take Maggie's hands in hers, "Maggie, that's great news! I'm so happy for you and Glenn!"

Maggie squeezed her hands tightly, "It's always somethin' we've talked about, you know? And, I think it's the perfect time to start a family when we have this place. We're startin' to build somethin' here. I have faith that the herd won't change that."