Prologue. Where Art Thou Romeo?

(This part is shorter than all the other parts because I'm referring this as the 'preview' of what's to come. All chapters will be somewhat extremely long. And, I update everyday!)

I stood there baffled; did he just ask me that? Did he just ask me if I cut myself? Why does the fact that I’ve been wearing hoodies and jackets a lot lead to that fact? Why does that make the main idea that I’m cutting myself? Has he ever thought that maybe it’s cold and I need an extra layer to keep warm? Or maybe, I just really love my hoodies and jackets that I’d prefer to wear them because they complete my outfit.  I can’t believe what goes through peoples’ minds. I saw his arms shoot for my hoodie sleeves but I pulled back, ‘Why do you think I cut myself? What do you know about me?’ I had been roughly whispering at him. ‘You know nothing, absolutely nothing about me, I don’t get where you think you’re superior over me and you know everything and anything about me: but you’re not. You mean nothing to me, I’ve known you for half a day and you say you know my whole entire life. You know nothing about my past life, and you know nothing about my present life.’ He had been sitting there with a confused face; I should be the one with the confused face. He may be right, but I can’t show him anything, I can’t get close to him: I’ll end up getting hurt like all the other times. I know that sounds like a typical teenage response, but my story is different, extremely different. ‘I know way more about what you do then you think, you’re just some stupid little girl who likes to play with sharp objects for fun. Self-injury is serious, and you take this as a joke.’ His response had woken me from my deep thoughts; it was extremely shocking to hear his words. My eyes were stinging so bad from holding back the tears, all I did was run. I ran off school property and ran all the way back home. I only lived a few houses down so it wasn’t so far. I could hear his loud footsteps and panting from behind me, which only caused me to quicken my pace. I had reached my door and tried the door several times. ‘Damn,’ Mom wasn’t home. I fumbled for my keys; not remembering which key was which. ‘You can’t run from this problem Scott, you can’t run from it. It’ll always be there.’ That’s when   I broke down; I fell to the ground and cried my eyes out.

I woke up in my bed, my extremely comfy bed. Wait. How’d I get in my bed? All I remembered was being on the cold wood of our porch. I looked around; the sun was barely rising so I knew it was earlier in the morning. I saw my hoodie slung on the back of my computer chair. I tilted my head; maybe I got back up and came up. I just don’t remember anything before the ground or after it. I sighed, I better get dressed. I rummaged through all my clothes until giving up on trying to look good. Scratch that, I never look good so why should I bother? I threw on a black v-neck and white hoodie and some dark washed skinny jeans, along with my shark tooth necklace. I pulled my hair up into a side ponytail and sticking on my glasses. Getting ready was just another boring part of the day; I grabbed my bag and headed towards school. A voice behind me stopped me dead in my tracks.

------

Dun, Dun, DUNNNN! All of you are probably wondering: Scott is a girl. Not a guy, a girl, a female, a girl without a boys’ sexual organ. And you all are expecting this story to be depressing and everything, boy, am I going to shock you! This isn’t going to be a typical story, I’m going to try my hardest to put my twists and turns and passion in this story!

Bye for now!