Release

Brexley's POV

After just over a year of days spent recording and working as a band again, today's the fun part! My brothers' new songs come out in a little less than an hour, and Kevin, Nick, and Danielle are coming to the apartment any minute now to celebrate the release with Joe and I.

"I can't believe these songs come out today! And the music videos drop, and everything!" Joe exclaims, pacing the living room with his hands in his hair.

"I know! It's exciting, isn't it?" I ask.

"I mean, yeah, but I'm scared as hell too. What if these songs aren't as good as our old ones?" he says.

"Joe, stop it. You know these songs are good. They're a little different from your old stuff, yeah, but a good different. A more adult different."

Joe huffs a nervous sigh, and I walk over by him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "It'll be good, okay? Don't worry about it."

"I'll try. Thanks, Brex," he says, sitting down on the couch and placing his head in his hands. Then, someone raps on the apartment door. Probably Kevin. Leaving Joe on the couch, I walk over to the door and pull it open. Look at that; I was right. It's Kevin and Danielle, but as I open the door, Nick walks up behind them.

"Hey, guys! Come on in," I say, and the three of them walk inside.

"Hey! Big day today!" Nick and Kevin say, sharing my excitement and clearly not Joe's emotions right now.

"What's wrong with you?" Kevin asks Joe, a smirk on his face as he looks down at him.

"Nervous," Joe responds, and Nick rolls his eyes.

"We'll be fine. I thought you liked these songs!"

"I do. But still," Joe says.

"Snap out of it. Come on. They're releasing in fifteen minutes! We have to get ready to tweet it out to the fans!" Nick says.

"You're right. Let's do this. I'm being stupid," Joe says, smacking a smile on his face as Nick and Kevin fist bump him.

"That's the spirit, JJ," Kevin says, and they pour over Joe's phone for a few minutes, coming up with the right way to tell everyone about the music. When they finally have it perfected, there's two minutes to go until the songs automatically release onto iTunes.

"It's go time dudes, it's go time!" Joe shouts. Somehow he's becoming more and more of the hype man as the time gets closer, so that's weird, but whatever works for him I guess.

"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! They're up!" Nick yells as Joe clicks tweet. Now everyone who cares knows about the music.

"The music videos should've just been uploaded too, if the company did it right," Kevin says, and Joe nods, pulling up YouTube on his phone and scrolling to their account

"They're up! Pom Poms already has a bunch of views, people must just be starting with that one," he says.

"Well, that's a good sign! We'll have to check on the tweet a little later, see what people are commenting and stuff," Nick says.

"Yeah, we will. So when are we working on music for the album, then?" Joe asks.

"Two weeks? Three weeks? Just to give ourselves a little bit of a break, you know?" Kevin suggests, and Joe and Nick nod.

"That works. Lines, Vines and Trying Times better watch out, because there's a new sheriff coming to town!" Nick says.

Here starts a new era of the Jonas Brothers. It's bound to be a wild ride.