Movies

Brexley's POV

"I'm getting a double scoop of chocolate marshmallow. No questions asked," Joe says as we arrive at Scoops.

"Of course you are," I tell him, shaking my head, and he grins cheekily.

"I think I'm going to have to go with a single scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough," Sophie says, and I nod.

"Me too."

The three of us order, and then Nick goes, getting a double scoop of cotton candy. Kevin orders a single scoop of rocky road, and Danielle brings up the rear, with a single scoop of butter pecan. After paying and receiving the ice cream, we head back outside into the California sunlight to eat.

"This ice cream is amazing. I didn't know Los Angeles had such good stuff," Sophie remarks.

"Haven't you ever stopped for ice cream in this city before?" Joe asks incredulously.

"I've never been to this city before this trip," Sophie says, and Kevin almost drops his cone at this statement.

"Seriously? But then you have so much to see!" he says.

"I know," she says with a giggle.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" Nick asks, and she shakes her head no.

"We've got nothing going on for the next two days, and then we fly out," Sophie says.

"We have to go show you the Hollywood sign tomorrow, then," says Nick.

"Can you? Really?"

"Yes. You know how fun that would be?"

As Nick says this, I can see Joe smiling along with Sophie, obviously sharing her excitement to be hanging out tomorrow as well. I am equally as excited; Sophie is a great person and she's super fun to be around, even if she is a few years younger than the rest of us.

"You guys are awesome. Thank you," Sophie says.

"One condition. You have to tell us what happens at the end of this season of Game of Thrones," Joe jokes, and she smiles, shaking her head at him.

"Sorry, Joe. Can't happen."

"Dang it. Well, it was worth a shot," he says, and he continues to eat his ice cream.

After arriving back at our house, we all settle into different spots in the living room and prepare for our movie marathon. Then, I open my phone to the notes section, so that I can write down which movies we plan to watch.

"I'm thinking everyone requests a movie, and that's how we do this," I say.

"So we're going to watch six movies?" Kevin laughs.

"Do you have somewhere you need to be tonight?" I joke, and he shakes his head no.

"What about you, Sophie? Do you have a time limit?" Joe asks.

"No, I don't have anything going on," she says.

"Why don't we just have everyone give suggestions, and then we use a random generator to narrow it down to two or three movies? I feel like we're going to get bored if we watch six today," Nick says.

"Yeah, we could do that," I say, and everyone agrees. "Joe? What's your pick?"

"Uhhh..." he says, racking his brain for a good movie. "The Lion King."

"Mulan," Nick says.

"Hercules," Kevin suggests.

"High School Musical 2," Danielle adds.