Flight

Joe's POV

Yesterday, they finally released Brexley from the hospital after running a few tests to make sure everything was as it should be. Good thing, because today we are flying out to LA for a week, along with Kevin and Danielle, to see our parents and Frankie again.

"Joe!" I hear Brexley call angrily from the living room.

"Oh, calm down, I'm almost done," I say back, hurriedly zipping my suitcase up and exiting my room. As per usual, we're running late, and a flight is not exactly something you can be running late for.

"Our taxi has been here for five minutes already!" she says as we practically run down to the lobby and out of the apartment building.

"Sorry," I say, throwing my suitcase and my sister's into the trunk of the car quickly before diving into the backseat as we take off to LaGuardia.

"So Kevin and Danielle are flying out of Newark, then?" Brexley asks as we drive.

"Apparently so. But their flight is at a similar time to ours, so Dad should only have to make one trip to the airport to pick us all up," I tell her.

"That's nice for him, then. I wish Nick could come; it feels weird to be having the whole family get together except for him," she says.

"Yeah, but he's so busy with How to Succeed. We still need to go to one of his performances," I say, and she nods.

"I want to. That's a big show for him."

As soon as we pull up in the terminal, we head off to check our luggage and then find the gate we will be flying out of. We make it there just as they have started the boarding process, so it was cutting it close, but at least we made it. Then, once we're seated on the plane, we can finally relax for the first time since last night.

"Well, could've been worse. We could've missed the flight," Brex says as she catches her breath in the seat next to me.

"Yeah-" I say, trailing off as I notice a young girl with dyed red hair taking the seat across the aisle from us. "Brexley, oh my God."

"What?" she asks, sounding a little concerned as she slowly turns to look.

"That's Sansa," I say, unable to give a better description at the moment.

"What are you talking about?" she asks.

"Sansa Stark! Game of Thrones!" I tell her excitedly, going over to introduce myself as I notice the actress heard me talking about her. "Hey, I'm Joe Jonas! I'm a big fan of the show, and your character."

"Sophie Turner. And I know who you are, you're the James Bourne wannabe," she says, her tone laced with disgust.

Now it's my turn to be confused. James Bourne wannabe? I don't even know who that is, so how am I his wannabe?

"James Bourne?" I ask her, and she rolls her eyes at me.

"From Busted. You know, the band who created the songs What I Go To School For and Year 3000? The songs you and your brothers stole?" she says angrily.

Behind me, I hear Brexley laughing hysterically at the sight of me getting called out by a fifteen year old girl. Firing her a dirty look that shuts her up immediately, I turn back to Sophie as I quickly try to come up with something to say.

"We didn't steal the songs. We just-" but she cuts me off.

"Whatever. Thank you for supporting Game of Thrones. It was lovely to meet you," Sophie says flatly, staring out the window as I return to my seat, dumbfounded.

"That went exceedingly well," Brexley says, starting to laugh again as I sit down.

"Shut up," I say crossly, putting my headphones on and staring out my own window. We haven't even left New York yet, and this week is already insane. It's going to be an interesting trip.