Skype

Joe's POV

The past four months have been absolutely insane, full of Fastlife performances and trying to come up with an idea for a new solo album. It's been pretty crazy for Brexley and Nick too: work has been wild for my sister and How to Succeed has been having shows almost every day. I honestly have no idea what Kevin has been up to, but last I heard I think he was trying to figure out how to get a reality show for him and his wife. That's besides the point. It's May now, finally starting to warm up in New York, and Nick's show just ended, meaning he'll have a lot more free time to spend with us now. Brexley's work should be slowing down, so that will enable her to have more family time, and, if need be, the three of us can just drive to New Jersey to see Kevin. However we need to do it to be with each other, we will get it done. I can promise that.

I'm just in the kitchen, getting some food, when my phone buzzes. It's a text from Nick to Kevin and I, which is odd, because usually it's me texting the two of them.

Once I reply to the message, their Skype request comes through on my laptop almost instantly

Once I reply to the message, their Skype request comes through on my laptop almost instantly. I join the call, and we greet each other before Kevin and I stare at Nick through the screen, waiting for him to say whatever he wants to say.

"So, guys, as you know, I'm going to have a lot more free time now that How to Succeed is over."

"Yeah, and?" I say, prompting him to continue as Brexley sits down at the counter beside me.

"Well, I'm not sure that I want to jump right into more Broadway auditions so soon, and I really love being on stage playing our music with you guys. I was thinking maybe we could start putting out music together, as the Jonas Brothers, again?" Nick suggests, and it's dead quiet across all three of our screens.

"What?" Kevin asks, breaking the silence after about a minute.

"I'm just saying, like, we told our fans we were just going to take a break. Not end the band completely. It's been a little bit now, and I think we're all in good places creatively, so why not come back?" Nick reasons.

"But what about solo projects? What about Fastlife?" I say.

"You could still do that if you wanted to! Just add the Jonas Brothers back into the mix again, so you're doing half solo and half with us," he says.

"Would that actually work though? Would you have enough time to balance music and whatever else you wanted to do?" Kevin says, and I know he's making sure my life doesn't get overwhelming if we go through with this.

"We could take it at whatever pace we needed. It wouldn't have to be as fast as before, so that we had time for all the other stuff any one of us wanted to do. This should be something fun, something that we want to do. Not a pain in our asses," Nick says, and I nod.

"Well, I'm almost done pushing Fastlife anyway. And if we're going to make it light and easy on ourselves, then I'm in," I tell them both, and Brexley smiles at me before turning back to the screen.

"If you're down, I'm down," Kevin says, and Nick pumps his fist triumphantly in the air.

"So we're doing this? We're the Jonas Brothers again?" he asks.

"We are," Kevin and I say at the same time, equally big grins on our faces. We're back, baby.

"When is the soonest we can start writing music? Whenever works for you guys works for me," Nick says.

"I could tomorrow. I don't have anything going on," I say, and Kevin nods his agreement.

"Awesome. Should we say 11:00? At our usual studio? That way it's convenient for all of us, especially with Kevin coming from Jersey," Nick says.

"Yeah, that sounds good. We're going to drop a single before we release an album though, right? Not just jump straight into it?" Kevin says, sounding a little concerned at the prospect of releasing so much music right away.

"Yeah, we should do at least one single, if not two or three. That way, if we want to tweak our music style from what it used to be a little bit, we can ease into it and not just throw the new vibe on our fans," I add, and Kevin nods.

"We can do that. Whatever you guys wanna do! That's probably a good idea anyway, because then we don't have to work on more than one song at a time. It'll make better music if we're not rushing," Nick says, and all three of us seem to agree on it.

"Well, I'm excited. Start thinking about lyrics and melodies and stuff tonight then, so we can have a productive session tomorrow," I say.

"Will do. Can't wait!" Nick says, a big and genuine smile on his face.

"Me either. It'll be nice to be working with you both again," Kevin says.

"I'm happy for you guys! Welcome back to the music industry," Brexley says, leaning into the camera view to talk to our brothers.

"Thanks, Brex. See you tomorrow, Joe," Kevin and Nick say, and with that, we end the Skype call.

Tomorrow's gonna be a big day, and I couldn't be more ecstatic. I love creating amazing pieces of art as brothers, and I'm sure whatever new stuff we come up with is going to be great. Besides, we're older now, and wiser, and probably more creative, honestly. It'll be an even smoother process than last go around. Right?