Epilogue

Joe's POV

Both Brexley and Sophie meet me in my dressing room after the show, just like Nick and Kevin did on opening night. As soon as she sees me, Sophie attacks me with a hug, and I can't help but smile.

"You guys did amazing!" she says once she pulls away.

"Thank you! I'm so glad you could come out for a show. It means a lot to me," I tell her honestly, and she nods.

"I'm glad I could, too. But you have to give all the credit to Brexley. She's the one who set all of this up," Sophie says.

At this, I turn my attention to my sister, who, up until now, has been hanging back a little bit and watching us catch up with a smile on her face.

"Thank you, Brexley. You even showing up to watch is amazing, but planning all of this out? It's inconceivable," I say.

"I wanted to come right away. But I knew how much you missed Sophie, and it was just such a great opportunity for both of you that I knew I had to try and make it happen," Brexley says.

"Love you, sis," I say, and she grins.

"Love you, too."

My attention back on Sophie, I talk to her a little bit about her trip to New York, how long she's been here, where she's been staying, and when she's leaving. Of course, I'm delighted to find out that she'll be hanging out with us for awhile, so I'll have some quality time to spend with her before she has to make her way back home. I swear I'll never get tired of spending time with her, seeing her, just having her in my life.

"Should we head back to the apartment, then? We can do some more catching up over there, and then maybe watch a movie or something, if you guys wanted," Brexley suggests, and I know it's now or never.

"Yeah. But Sophie, I have to ask you something first," I say, and she gives me a questioning glance while Brexley just grins. I'm certain she already knows what I'm doing. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course, Joe. I would love that," Sophie says, a huge smile on her face, one that I'm sure matches mine.

As we walk out of the room, Brexley in the lead, I slip my hand into Sophie's. I've waited so long to do this, so long to finally be at my peak. And now that I'm here, I feel confident that I'll stay up. Life is working out too well not to.