Chapter 19

My brother finally got his moment to shine. Maybe the Queen would realise now that he isn't playing. Or dealing with her games anymore. All of the officials were in shock. But they all still bowed to him. Even Park Youngshil and his officials.

He was sat on the throne later and the Queen appeared. "I will cover up the mistake you made." I rolled my eyes. "You can just hide behind me. I shall protect you like back then when no one knew what you looked like. I have prepared a separate room in the palace for you to live in. Stay here for now. I will silence the officials."

"It was not a mistake." My brother responded bluntly. "It was not a mistake?! What can an unprepared King do on the throne? Do you know what happens to a powerless King? You will only be the officials' prey. You will end up losing everything. You will lose the throne and eventually your life? Do you wish to see the Sacred Bone die out here because of your immature actions?"

I've had enough. I stood up from where I was sitting and went over to her. "Immature actions? Are you joking? Who's fault do you think all of this is? You hid him at a young age and didn't bother to teach him about being a King. This is your fault. He's clueless about being King because of you. If he becomes the officials' prey it's your fault. If he loses everything including the throne and his life, it's your fault. Not his. Or mine. It's you. It's on you if he dies as King. Because you didn't protect him enough and teach him about taking the throne. You're selfish." I finished, and suddenly felt a sharp sting on my cheek, I reached my hand up to touch it and felt something wet. I looked at my hand and there was blood. My brother appeared in front of me, and gentle hand on my arm but he was looking at his mother. He was shaking, furious.

"I am already the King. I simply announced that today." He told her. "No, you are not the King. That was the excuse for being in my shadow."

"Yes I was hiding in your shadow. I know that I am alive because of you. There were times when that shadow was comforting and there were times when I was glad for it. However, I was not always happy living like that. I came to stand on my own now. I came to face the reality myself without hiding in your shadow. I came to create the future of Silla." She was suffocating him. She needs to let him do this now. He's ready for it.

"You will regret it. For certain." She threatened. "I shall deal with it. I shall endure it." He promised.

The news was flying around Hwarang House about my brother. However the atmosphere was weird. Myself, Banryu and Yeoul were talking as we walked to our afternoon lecture. "Jidwi was the real King, not Seonu." Banryu spoke up, trying to make sense of it. I nodded. "Wait does that mean-" He started and I nodded. "Yes. His family adopted me. The Queen hated me." I answered.

"This is why you never know with people. I do not remember." Yeoul added. "What?" Banryu and I asked together. "Have I been good to Jidwi?" I smiled a little. "Darn it. I should have been. To you too Harin. That way I can party and live well without worry." He sighed and Banryu went to continue walking but he stopped as he looked ahead of him and slightly to the right. We followed his gaze and it landed on Suho. He was looking at whatever the Queen dropped when she slapped him that time we went to the palace. We went over to him.

"Are you shocked that Seonu is not the real King." He looked at Yeoul, then at me, then Banryu. He got up and left. "What's with him?" Yeoul asked. "Things are uneasy at Hwarang House as it is." Banryu looked uneasy. "Is everything okay with you two? Did you fight again?" I asked. "It's nothing." He said, and took my hand and we went to class.

We were sitting around, waiting for the class to start, and the boys were all in panic and complaining about how they should have been nicer to Jidwi.

"This is a mess." Banryu mumbled. "Are you okay?" Yeoul asked him. Banryu looked at him. "You thought Dog-Bird was the King too."

Banryu sighed. "It was understandable that we thought he was." He said. I suppose that makes sense. But he knew I was a Princess. No one knew who Jidwi was or where he was from, same with me, and the King was unknown, and I was adopted into his family. Royal family usually get adopted into other royal families.

The class door opened and Wihwa's assistant walked in. "What? Why is the Assistant Chief Instructor here?"

He stood on the platform thing and spoke to us. "Master Wihwa has left Hwarang House. Thus, the afternoon lecture has been cancelled. You may leave Hwarang House for the day."

What is up with everything around here? Things are tense and Wihwa quit? It's all so weird. "Like I said, things are very uneasy at Hwarang House." Yeoul said.

I was going to the palace that night, and I saw Seonu in the part of the palace where the throne was situated. Someone grabbed my arm, and I looked over. It was my brother. He put a finger to his lips, asking me not to say anything. I nodded. He went in and drew his sword, placing it against Seonu's neck. "Do you wish to sit there?" He asked him.

Seonu is a King too. His dad was part of the Royal family, but was taken off their books after he got polio. And his mother was a Wonhwa and the Queen was the one who killed her, while he was still in the womb so he was cast out of the capital and that's why he grew up where he did.

Seonu flipped and suddenly the two of them had swords at each other's necks. "Do you really thing that seat belongs to you?" Seonu asked. I decided not to stay back any longer. He's a ticking time bomb. "What the hell are you doing Seonu?" I asked, drawing my own sword.