Chapter 10

Banryu:

I could not do it. I subconsciously thanked Seonu for showing up when he did. I had the small blade in my hand, reading to slash the drums. I raised it up in my hand, and tightened my hand around it, ready to slash, but I dropped it to my side again. "What are you doing there?" I slipped the blade up my sleeve and turned to him. "Everyone is looking for you." He added.

"I thought we agreed not to pay attention to each other?" I asked him. "Do you want my attention again?" I asked him but I didn't even wait for an answer I just left. I found a seat and sat down, putting my head in my hands. Part of me was glad he showed up. I knew I would have ended up regretting it if I did anything. I was trying to stop myself from getting too upset about this so I could go back to everyone else. But a familiar voice stopped me from thinking too much. "Did you take care of it?" I stood up to greet my father. But I didn't look up at him. "Did you take care of it?" He repeated. I kept looking at the ground. "This is not as simple as ripping the drums and ruining the festival. Master Youngshil is testing you right now. A small mistake can make everything crumble to dust. Is that what you want?" He asked, his voice raising slightly in pitch when he finished what he was saying. "Are you that scared?" I asked. "What?" My father asked. I looked up at him for the first time since he came to me. "Do you fear Master YoungShil that much?" I asked him. "You-" I kept looking at my father, slightly anger in my voice. "I am doing all of this for you. If this works out well, Master Young-Shil will use you for a big cause. How can you be so foolish when something big is right in front of you?"

"I already know you are doing this for me. However, you do not care what I think." I finished and walked off. I couldn't do this. I wish they'd stop.

Harin's POV

"I already know you are doing this for me. However, you do not care what I think." Banryu finished and he walked off, leaving his father there in shock. I smiled to myself, something about that conversation tells me he didn't do it.

As I was walking back to the tent too, I saw a boy walk out of the instrument tent, knife in his hand. I saw two Hwarang boys walk up to the tent. I ran up to them and looked in. All of the instruments were destroyed, not just the drums. "We must inform the Queen and cancel the performance. We cannot embarrass the Hwarang in front of everyone." Wihwa's assistant said. Wi Hwa looked at us. He didn't want to cancel it.

"We have no choice. It's Banryu. I cannot let this slide." Suho said and the mention of my boyfriend made me glare at him. "I guess it is over. We cannot dance then." Hansung said, sadly. "We will." Seonu's voice spoke up. "The old man I know would not end things here." He said, his eyes on Wooreuk.

We all went back to our tent and waited on whether or not we could perform. The sound of one of the boys saying my boyfriend's name made me snap my head up. He was walking miserably to the tent. Suho angrily walked over to him as he went to change. He grabbed his collar roughly. "Was this your idea all along?" Banryu shoved him off and went back to change. "You jerk!!!" Suho went to go for him but I stepped in, colliding with Suho, and I won't lie, it did hurt a lot. And I could see concern grow on Banryu's face when Suho unintentionally hurt me. "Stop." I told him angrily. Suho ripped himself from my grip and I was shocked to say the least, and so was Banryu, he looked like his face changed to anger for a split second and then turned back to stone. "If the performance is ruined, you are going to get it. If that happens, it will be over for you." He threatened. Banryu looked at everyone, who was looking at him. He bit his lip. And that was confirmation enough.

Wooreuk is a genius. Because we were able to perform after all. He put random pieces of stuff in the tent together and made instruments. It was incredible. When it was over, I ran over and hugged my brother, laughing. Even if he was cranky about it at first he was happy we succeeded. Then I was pulled out of the hug with my brother and Hansung pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged back. He was such a kid. It was so cute.