Chapter 25

[A/N] Hi, friends! Sorry, I suck. I don't even have a good reason. However, I missed my Wattpad anniversary, which was on the 17th of December. And Christmas and New Year's. Again, sorry I suck. Hope you guys still love me. 

[Liam's P.O.V.]

The next week was filled with absolute laziness on Niall's part and slight worry on mine. I hadn't heard anything good back from the publishers. Some had responded with a "this isn't what we're looking for" and the rest had basically been a blatant no. I began the slow decline of wanting to give up but I didn't really have the chance to give it much thought due to the fact that Niall kept my mind and me fairly occupied. Before I even realized it, it was the 23rd Niall was growing restless with the idea of Christmas and presents and seeing Louis' family again. Every morning, he would ask me if it was Christmas Eve yet and I'd have regretfully tell him no. He would frown for a few seconds until he smiled widely and pressed a kiss to my mouth. This morning, I was very happy to tell him that Christmas Ever was the next day. We were cuddling and he had his head on my chest.

"Hey, Niall," I whispered as I scratched at his ears.

"Yes, my Liam?" He said, turning his head toward me.

"Tomorrow is Christmas Eve."

He gasped loudly, flinging himself into a sitting position, "Really?"

"Yupp!"

"I am so excited!" He squeaked, hugging me and jumping out of bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked, with a slight smile.

"Um," he said, pausing his actions and looking around the room in a confused manner. "I am not remembering."

"I suppose we do need to go shopping for food and extra things we might need for the next couple days."

"Go to store?"

"Yupp. Do you need a shower?" I asked, getting out of bed and stretching.

Niall shook his head, "Took one last night!"

"Okay, well I'm going to go take one. You can watch the telly for a bit while I'm in there."

"Okay!" He kissed me and ran out toward the front room.

I fondly chuckled at him and went to shower. I grabbed a towel, making a mental note to buy more shampoo and conditioner when we were at the store. The warm water hit my back as I got in the shower and I let out a sigh, loving the feeling. I took a little longer than usual because I knew Niall liked to watch the telly for a bit in the morning. When I finished, I walked into our bedroom in search of clothes. I picked out a pair of jeans and a sweater for each of us and dressed myself. Niall sidled into the room soon after I had put the jeans on and smiled to me. I handed him the clothes and he handed me the ACE wrap that he had apparently retrieved from where he had last shed it. I wrapped his tail and he finished getting ready. As he pulled on his sweater, I called Louis. 

"Hey, mate," Louis answered, sounding like he had just woken up.

"Hey, we're going to go shopping for food and such, want to come?"

"You're sure you want to invite me after what happening last time?"

"Right. Well just don't run off with my boyfriend again and we won't have a problem."

"He is kinda cute," he said, jokingly.

"Mine," I stated, immediately. 

"Possessive. Okay, let me get ready and we'll go."

"Five minutes."

Louis groaned, hanging up the phone as I started to laugh at him. Niall gave me a confused look and one of his ears fell to the side.