Chapter 1

[A/N] This is going to come off as super rude but I don't really care. Stop with "oh my God. Kyle is in this?!" YES. HE WAS LOUIS' BOYFRIEND AND NIALL KNEW HIM. HE'S BARELY EVEN IN IT. GET. OVER. IT.
On a different note, hope you enjoy the prequel of Elsie's Uniquely series.

[Liam's P.O.V.]

I was on my way to work as I wondered why I was still working at my boring job. I didn't want to be stuck in a corner office all day, writing for the stupid newspaper. I wanted to be able to have my own hours and write my own novels. I let out a sigh as I continued to drive to work. I pulled into my designated parking spot and grudgingly walked to the door. I finally made it to my office and I waved hi to the pretty receptionist. I unlocked my office and walked in.

"Mr. Payne, you're wanted at Mr Anthony's office."

I looked up to find the receptionist standing in the doorway. I smiled to the woman as I trudged to the boss's office. I knocked and was immediately let in.

"You wanted me for something, sir?" I asked, politely.

"Ah, Liam. Sit down," the man gestured to the seat in front of him.

I curiously walked to the chair and sat. Mr. Anthony leaned toward in his chair and placed his head in his hands.

"I'm just going to give it to you straight. You know I survive for a policy of honesty in this office."

"Sir?" I asked, confused.

"Mr. Payne," he said in a stern voice. "I have a problem."

"Yes, sir?"

"I have employed too many employees," he stated as though it explained his reasoning for calling me into his office.

We stared at each other in silence for a moment before he looked down to the papers on his desk.

"Sir, as thrilling as this conversation is, I've got work to do," I said, cautiously.

"I'm giving you a promotion, Payne. I'm sure you want to hear this."

"A what, sir?"

"A promotion. You're getting Johnson's job."

"But Johnson has been working at this office for several years," I said in disbelief.

"Johnson has been breaking a few company rules. You've got his job now, congrats."

'Th-thank you, sir," I stuttered out in surprise.

"Mhmm," he hummed in a dismissive way.

I hurried out of the room and went to collect my things to move into my new office. I made a mental note to call my best mate after things had settled down as I went to go find a box. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I crashed into a person, causing them to drop all of their belongings. I glanced up to meet the eyes of Johnson. I gulped and assisted in helping him pick up his things.

"Sorry," I muttered.

He didn't respond. He did, however, glare at me as he walked away from me. I let out a sigh and continued to go find a box. After I was finished packing my things, I called Louis. He picked up on the second ring.