twenty four│I knew it!

About twenty minutes later, we were all seated at the bakery, with Athena and the entire gang. Athena and Preston were sitting close to each other and kept giving each other smiles and secret looks at their intertwined hands under the table. Me and Adrien traded a suspicious look and Adrien raised his eyebrow, directing it towards them.

"Is there something going on between you two?" Adrien asks, straight to the point as always. Kayla also turned our way looking at her brother, waiting for an answer. They both immediately let go of their hands under the table and exchanged glances.

"Fine, yes," Preston answered, on behalf of both of them.

"I knew it!" Ashton jumped in.

No one looked surprised, including Kayla, who just looked at Athena and her brother, "When were you planning on telling us?"

"Soon," Athena answered quickly as Preston said, "tomorrow" at the same time. We all laughed and rolled our eyes, acknowledging the new girlfriend and boyfriend, before turning back to their conversations.

'Jee, some best friend you are, You better fill me in on everything' I mouth to Athena, when she catches my eye and she nods, smiling.

"Do you guys have a secret code or something," Adrien asks and I realize he was watching our exchange.

"No you idiot, it's called mouthing," I tease.

"But how do you read each other's mouths?"

"That I won't tell you, or else it won't be secret code," I try winking at him but it turns out as more of a hard blink and he laughs.

My phone 'pings' of a notification and I hold one finger up, pausing Adrien's attempt to a comeback. Where are you? Colin's text reads and I remember that I told him I would only be gone for an hour.

Sry, lost track of time, ill be home in ten min

Ok cool, be safe, cu

I look up to see Adrien looking at me with concerned eyes. "Just my brother, I need to get home," I reassure him.

"Oh, of course, do you want me to drop you?"

"Nope, it's fine, I have Colin's car," I say and push the chair back to stand. I wave bye to everyone and blow a flying kiss, before walking out the door of the bakery, holding my purse that was around my shoulder. Daydreaming of all the moments I had with Adrien this day and his beautiful face, that I would never tell him about since it would burst his ego more, I drove home.

a/n: sooo.. this is kinda a shorter chapter but i hope you enjoy! 

much love!