Darkness Descends (Part 2)

Mulai dari awal

"You cannot and will not bring harm to Arthur! I will protect Arthur and I will bring about Albion alongside the Once and Future King! For that is my true destiny!" His voice reverberated off of the cave walls as his strength began to return to him.

He flung the men off of him and cried out in a loud voice as he shredded the ropes that bounded him. He made an angry step towards the trio but they stopped him.

"You do not know who you are dealing with," one of them growled angrily. "Your powers are not enough to stop what is about to happen. You cannot defeat the Old Religion. It came about far beyond your time and will continue to be long after you are dead and forgotten. You are not enough."

Their words went straight into Emrys' heart, shrouded in darkness that seeped into his very soul. He fell on his knees once again, hopelessness beginning to overwhelm him.

There was something in their words, in their actions that made the world go dark, sucking all life and hope out of it. It was as if he were staring down a black hole and above him the night sky was closing upon him.

But he fought it.

He fought it with all his might, for he knew what they said was false. He knew who he was and that was enough.

"I will stop you."

He stood up with resolve and authority in his eyes. "No matter how long it will take, I will put an end to this evil. I will aid the Once and Future King in bringing peace to this land." He held his head high standing against all the evil that surrounded him in that cave and beyond.

"So be it," the Disir said. "You have forfeited the life of the King and his line. Since you have not heeded our warnings and continue to resist our words you will witness the destruction of Camelot."

They cast a spell on Merlin weakening his consciousness, but the warlock fought against it as best he could.

"Alidor will control the king and the council in bringing about magic in Camelot. You will not in anyway resist or over throw his rule. If you do," - they turned to reveal Cecilia hanging by a rope from the roof of the cave, unconscious and bloodied - "she will suffer a fate worse than death itself." The seers finished.

Merlin rose to get to her but they stilled the warlock

"And if that does not do the trick," they smirked, "the Pendragon child will be cursed, never to reign."

Throughout all his lifetime Merlin had been caught in many moments of hopelessness and doubt, he always knew that somehow in some way he was going to defeat the evil and bring victory to Albion. But this time, he did not believe it to be so.

He knew that there was no way out of this. He had never felt more helpless, even with his magic. He was trapped. There was no way out of it this time. The consequences were too grave, and he was not going to risk anymore lives.

Merlin locked gazes with the Disir before letting out a soul ripping cry. A white light emanated from the warlock blinding his captors. It then faded, but Emrys was nowhere to be found.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

"ARTHUR!!!" Guinevere's cry jolted him awake.