Darkness Descends (Part 2)

Merlin was getting tired of always getting knocked out. He was hoping for once he would be gagged and dragged rather than being unconscious.

The bag was still over his head but he could hear faint whisperings. Merlin tried to catch what his captors were saying, but he could only get bits and pieces, nothing to help him. He decided to leave it alone, but just then the bag was lifted from his head and he could make sense of his surroundings, a feeling of familiarity coming upon him.

Merlin noticed that standing in front of him were the same men that attacked him and Cecilia. However, he realized that she wasn't there, so he quickly turned around, but was pulled back to face the front by rough hands.

"You, stay as you are!" the man said harshly, however the fear in his eyes gave away his true feelings.

"Ah, Merlin," a familiar voice said from behind. Merlin didn't turn guessing they would stand in front him eventually, trying to intimidate and scare him. Of course, the warlock was right and he was able to match the voice to the face.

"You." Merlin narrowed his eyes at Lord Murrin. "Why am I not surprised?" The lord smirked as he gazed at the warlock who was now bound and on his knees before him.

"You are quite the sorcerer," he mocked. "Although, you are not quite as powerful as I thought you were, Emrys." Merlin's eyes widened for a brief second before it was replaced with indifference.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I only know the magic that my master, Gaius, taught me," he said straightforwardly.

"But Gaius is not able to conjure up nor teach such powerful magic as the kind you wield," Lord Murrin countered. "You are the sorcerer who saved Arthur, yet you will be the sorcerer to bring Camelot to its knees. How poetic!" The man laughed sinisterly.

Merlin could not hide his shock any longer as Lord Murrin's words began to sink in. "How-How do you know this? Only Gaius and Arthur know." He was wrought with disbelief. The lord laughed.

"Oh, Emrys. Such power, yet such a dim mind. To think that you are destined to bring about Albion is laughable when I see a mere boy kneeling before me. I could rule Camelot and bring justice to magic with the flick of my wrist, and yet you-"

"You forget your place, Alidor," three female voices came from behind Lord Murrin. He turned and bowed as three hooded figures approached Merlin. The warlock's eyes widened in recognition.

These three witches were the same that brought disaster and chaos into Camelot. Then it finally dawned on Merlin, there was a reason this place had a familiar feeling; he had been here with Arthur to bargain for young Mordred's life. They were the servants of the Triple Goddess of the Old Religion, powerful in prophecy.

The Disir.

"Emrys," they said in one voice. "We meet again, however this meeting will not be as gracious as the first." They said causing Merlin to narrow his eyes at them.

"You defied the prophecy concerning the death of the Once and Future King, and now a new prophecy, more powerful than the first, will be given."

Merlin struggled to stand up wanting to cast a spell on these ridiculous prophetesses. "You have no right to pass judgement on Arthur or Camelot!" he cried struggling against the men that held him down; the anger and desperation were rising inside him.