Chapter Nine

Andy taps against the wood of the table, his eyes piercing through me. My heart races as his fingers pause, then grab mine and interlace themselves. I lick my chapped lips, not sure how to react or proceed.

"Is this your first time loving someone?"

"Eh?"

"You're obviously uncomfortable with the situation, so I was wondering if I was your first."

"Oh, um... You were my first kiss, but I've had one boyfriend before and it didn't end so well," I cringe.

His thumb rubs circles against the back of my hand, his eyes laced with an emotion I've never seen before in my life. I tear my eyes away from his and inspect the restaurant. Very country. The musik, though I barely know it, is a song called "Rain is a Good Thing" and I'm not sure who the artist is. We're sitting on the standard booth seats, thick and green pieces of awkward coldness.

"Could you move over a hair?" Andy asks, pulling me away from my little examination.

Nodding, I move from the centre of the seat to pressing against the wall next to me. My companion seems amused as he parks it next to me, his arm around my waist as he holds onto my chin with the other hand. There's that unknown emotion again, dancing with a strange fire in his eyes.

"I'll make sure that this time around, your heart won't break."

His voice is already enough to send me to Wonderland, but his lips send me to Olympus. Closing my eyes and returning the feverish gestures, I let the impenetrable walls down and open myself to Andy. He likewise opens himself to me, in more ways than one. For instance, this open mouth kiss. Though I have no idea what to do, I find myself completely at ease. It's nice to not be afraid for once in my miserable life.

"Amber?"

Startled, we pull apart to see a pinkish red version of the Miley Cyrus hair with glimmering hazel eyes and a face that still retains its childhood roundness.

"H-hey Natalie..." I bite my lip.

"Enjoying your evening?"

"It's going good," I cough, nervous.

"Amber, who's your friend?" Andy arches a brow and holds onto me tighter.

"This is Natalie Koffin, she's my rhythm guitarist and one of my best friends..."

"You're in her band?" Andy smiles fiendishly.

"Yessir," she curtsies.

"What are you called?"

"Black Stained Glass, sir. Now, can I ask you two questions?"

"Fire away," he smirks.

"May I please take your drink orders and is Jinxx still single?"

"Yes to both," Andy chuckles.

We both request cherry coke, though I get mine sans the ice. I don't like ice in my drinks, it just melts and waters down the taste. Though I personally despise sodapop, I know the chocolate milk will be a horrid powdered bland and not True Moo or the sort. Pepsi products taste better than Coke products, which is what I told my mother and why she dubbed me a "Pepsi Girl at Heart."

Andy pulls me away from my mental facade, his lips pressing against my jaw gently. With a squeak and a blush, I turn to face him. Dammit, he's perfect. Especially from this angle and this proximity.

"Thank you," I smile.

"You're thanking me for kissing you?" Andy smirks.

"No, not that... For taking the time to get to know me and all that shit. Erik was the first guy I trusted after my parents divorced, and you know how that happened. So, thank you. You restored my faith in men and I guess in people in general," I avert my gaze, trying to hide the burning red on my cheeks.