Chapter Four

Grumbling, I lift my wrist from my eyes and hastily bring it back to my weary lids. My window is open, the curtains drawn back and a black cat parched at the wall, pawing at the curtains. What an incredibly cute scene...! If only I actually had a kitty...! Frantic, I shoot out of bed and scoop up the tiny creature. She bats at my nose, worming around in my arms until her face is upwards towards mine. The cutie bops her nose against mine, mewing delicately.

Becoming silly puddy, I let her clamber on up my breast, neck, and head. Giggling, I bring her back down and cuddle with her on my bed. Momentarily causing us each some brief discomfort, I reach beneath my thigh and produce a feather large enough to be a writing quail. Confused, I gaze at it. How in Tartarus did a bird even get in my room, let alone one big enough to wear this thing?! Grunting, I feel the kitten hit me on the cheek as punishment for ignoring her. Returning my attention to easily the most beautiful creature in existence, I tickle her sweet little nose with the feather in question. The kitten is in nirvana, pawing at it like crazy and purring quite loudly.

"You're lucky you're so cute!" I giggle.

A brief glance at the clock verifies that this is Sunday, which means that this house is officially a Christian free zone!!! Feeling devious, I pick up my new friend and dance around the halls with her as I attempt to sing "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol. She approves, nestling against my body as I hit the chorus. Being incredibly careful not to fall over the dreadful entity that is gravity, I dance our way into the kitchen to prepare Her Majesty some tuna fish. Tiffany will have to suck it up, since it's the last can. My little angel of darkness obviously deserves a delicious little treat, though I myself find seafood quite loathsome.

"Ambrosía?" Alison's voice echoes through the halls.

"Kiiiiiitcheeeeeen," I sing out, still rocking to Billy's tune.

After a little chuckle, Alison and CC waltz into the room. Her brownish blonde hair is loose, falling in silky cascades to her slender shoulders as she adjusts her Harry Potter glasses. My friend and manager is dressed in a pair of white stockings and a yellow sundress. It complements the honey brown of the three walls as well as the russet tone of the floor. Now, CC is a whole other story. His leather does not match the room, nor do his tattoos which I can hardly see, since his arms are around Alison's waist.

If he hurts her...

"Awe, you never told me you guys bought a kitten!" Alison gushes.

"They didn't," a familiar voice clarifies.

For some reason, my heart kicks into fourth gear. Andy smirks, his hair teased and his tight leather vest open to reveal his long torso. Half of my brain is focused on the thick, black lines that accent his V. The other, sane part is pondering reasons why band members would buy strange women kittens. Mentally chastising myself, I peel my eyes and mind away from his body. Well, that part at least.

"You brought her here?" I ask.

"Your mother liked her, so you get to keep her. Just remember to clean out her box and everything will be fine," he replies.

"What's her name?" CC coos.

"I don't know yet..." My kitten...! You no adore!!!!

"How about Midnyght?" Alison offers.

Andy and I raise our brows. Sure, the name is adorable and so is the kitten.... But that's a typical name for an ebony beauty! Biting my lip, I reach out and stretch her behind her velvety ears. Oh, this brings back childhood memories. Childhood memories bring back something darker, so I shut off my brain and just pet the lovely creature with which Andy has blessed me.

"Charm," I smile.

"Nice!" CC snaps.

"What was wrong with Midnyght?" Alison glares.

"Nothing! But I wanted to be the one to come up with her name... I am her human, after all!" I half-fib.

"I'm watching you, Korpse," Alison sticks out her tongue.

"Let's let them get Charm used to her new family," CC coaxes, hand on her thigh.

Uh... Gross?

After they send each other scary mental messages with their Jedi powers, I'm left alone with a rock star and a kitty. Scooping her up, I make an excuse out of showing her around her new palace as I flee. Andy follows, though. He scratches under her petite chin and kisses her ears, even through her head is resting on my breasts. The blush that creeps over me is not unnoticeable, but goes unmentioned. For that, I am thankful.

"So... Why exactly did you buy me this sweet as sin kitten?" I blurt out.

"She's a get well present," Andy answers, smirking.

"My fingers aren't as swollen, though... They're red now... Why buy me a kitten?"

"You told me that you had a murderous cat, so I thought that I'd remedy the situation by bringing a loving kitten into your home. Imagine my surprise when I was told that you haven't had any pets since the sixth grade..." Andy glares softly.

Wishing I could curl my body up and disappear, I meet Andy's gaze. He isn't mad, but I do believe I see a hint of disappointment. My mother's eyes are usually clouded with it... Thinking about that makes the scars on my arms and body tingle. They've stopped burning years ago, but now they serve as a damned remainder how weak I truly am. Charm snuggles deeper into my bosom, like she's trying to physically reach my heart.

"Who says my scars are recent?"

"You said, and I quote, "I have a homicidal cat". Have, not has. How long have been doing this?" Andy's eyes soften, his fingers trailing down some of my older marks.

"Who says I have to answer?" I glare, defensive.

Charms meows, her paws thumping against my chin.

"She does," Andy smiles sadly.

"I don't remember when I started, okay? It was a looooong while ago, but I managed to stop for like four months. The urges came back, though, and they were so much more powerful..."

"Is this because of that dick I saw at your locker?"

"Oh, no way in Tartarus! Let's just say that people don't always agree with the way I am..." I sigh.

"Alright, put Charm down. You're coming with me," Andy sighs.

Whuh?

"Excuse me?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"You're in major need of cheering up, and I luckily know just the place!" Andy beams.

As if on cue, Charm leaps down from my arms and waddles off in the direction of my room. Licking my lips, I peer at Andy. Where in the world would he take a woman whom he barely knows? Andy smiles, reaching out and taking my hand. He squeezes my palm gently, reminding me that he actually seems to give a fuck. Shit, he bought me a kitten!

"Fine... Where are we going?" I cave.

"It's a surprise," he winks.

Grumbling, I let him tow me off somewhere. With my luck, I'll be in the ER by noon.

------------------------------------------------------

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: THREE CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY! Thank you all so much for reading!!! I know it's a little rough and slow, but I'm gonna see what I can do to fix it!!! Ambrosía Korpse is a real woman, by the way. (@AmberKorpse/@AmberKorpseBSG here on Wattpad!) She made the cover and she's on Wattpad. Why do people think she's a character? O.o Please PM me any corrections if my grammar or spelling sucks arse! And "nyght" is spelt correctly, it's just not the AMERICAN spelling.