Chapter Seven

I can't focus in class. My mind is trapped in the passenger seat of Andy's car. Algebra flies by, then English 12 does as well. Lunch is the only class I can think during, and even then I'm thinking about him. Amie, Natalie, and Alison seat with me. Frowning, I take in their smiling faces and immediately realise something they've all dreamt of since 2006 when BVB first formed. MY FRIENDS ARE FUCKING SHIPPING ME RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! I glare and they smile wider.

"Sup?" Alison giggles.

"Not what you hope is," I hiss.

"So... You're totally not head over heels with Andy?" Natalie snickers.

"I HARDLY KNOW HIM," I defend myself.

"You looked like you knew him pretty good at the bowling alley last nyght," Amie 'innocently' shrugs.

"He was trying to distract and delay, that's all," I shrug.

We sit there, glaring and smirking at each other, and remain silent. I refuse to cave first. Natalie shifts in her seat, eyes cast down at the imitation granite of the grey table. She excuses herself, leaving her tray behind. Alison, Amie, and I do not break eye contact. My smirk curves, forming a Cheshire Cat grin.

"I met some of his bandmates last nyght," I say.

"WAS CC THERE?!" Alison's inner fangirl bursts to the surface.

"Of course! I even got him to follow you on Twitter," I bat my eyes.

And now Amie and I are the only ones at the table. I turn to the side, reaching into my Steelers bag. Her brown eyes scorch my movements, her devil red lips curving into a sinful smile. I clear my throat and hand her the large feather.

"This has bite marks all over it," Amie notes.

"My kitten was playing with it, but that's beside the point. What do you know about incubi?" I bite my lip.

"Just that they visit women in their sleep, fuck them, give them nasty nyghtmares, and kill them when they're done. They're a male vampire from Italy, aren't they?"

"We left Italy when I was young, okay? I don't remember every little myth anymore," I rub my temples.

"What does a feather have to do with incubi?"

"I keep dreaming about an angel," I edit.

"Vampires don't typically have wings, though?"

"Well, no... But-"

"Is the angel someone you know?"

"Maybe," I blush and avert my eyes.

"Andy isn't an incubus, he's just sinfully hot," Amie smirks.

"Okay, now you're just jumping to conclusions!" I tug the feather from her hands.

"There's nothing wrong with having a crush," Amie chuckles.

"My boyfriend just dumped me, Amie. Don't you think that would make me a whore?"

"Erik is the whore, not you. When Astaroth and I take breaks from each other, we look for someone to fill the hole. Erik left a big one, Ambrosía. Moving on doesn't make you a maneater. Trust me, I'm a maneater so I should know!" Amie giggles.

"Maneater?"

"Oh dear... You are innocent, aren't you?" Amie laughs harder.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"Nope," she sticks out her tongue.

"Let's get back on topic, then. What do I do about Andy?"

"Normally when a girl and a boy like each other, they fuck."

"Only married people are supposed to do that!"

"Oh, how cute! You're old fashioned! Sadly, that won't hold in this day and age. Use a condom and it will veto the whole thing," Amie waves her hand like she can wave away the issue.

"If he and I... Will it make me stop thinking about him?"

"Possibly, but it also might make you want him that much more. Everybody is different," she shrugs.

Alison returns, giggling and holding her cell. Amie and I exchange a look before turning our attention to our squealing friend.

"CC invited me to his pool party!" Alison cheers.

"Make sure you wear that bikini you brought last summer," Amie winks.

With that, Amie stands and walks around to my end of the table. Drawing the feather across my cheek, she winks and lets it float back down to my bag before she struts away.

"What was that about?" Alison arches a brow.

"Don't worry about it, she was just giving me advice," I smile.

"Advice on what?"

"I'll let you know if it works," I wink.

With that, I stand and sling my bag over my shoulder as I march towards my locker. As expected, he's waiting for me. Is this our little ritual? Andy hugs me tightly, like he did when we went bowling. My determination to avoid him wilted the moment I step into his embrace.

"How was school?"

"Educational, to say the least."

"What did you learn?" Andy twirls one of my curls around his pinkie.

"Just some culinary facts," I gulp.

I can feel heat boiling up inside my stomach and lower region. My heart is beating too fast and my eyes are drawn to his lips. That kiss from my dream was amazing, so a real kiss should be better. Right?

"You're sure your teachers are okay with you suddenly disappearing?" Andy stares at my mouth.

"They're used to it by now," I whisper.

He leans close, his breath tickling my neck as his lips draw closer to mine. I almost curse the gods on Olympus because of how slowly he's moving. Dammit, just kiss me! Andy straightens his spine, clearing his throat as he grabs my hand and drags me out of the building.

Mother of Kronos, why didn't this bastard kiss me?!?!

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STORY, BUT IM GETTING QUITE PISSED OFF WITH ALL THE PEOPLE SAYING NYX IS A GODDESS. SHE IS A FUCKING TITANESS! SAYING SO OTHERWISE IS LIKE CALLING A QUEEN A DAMN PEASANT! IT'S DISRESPECTFUL AND RUDE! PLEASE JUST FUCKING BLOCK ME IF YOU'RE GONNA INSULT HER LIKE THAT!)