Chapter Two

He slams the locker on my fingers, smiling as I pry them free and rub at my swelling digits. Glaring at him, I wait for the Greek god to begin his no doubt dishonest lecture.

"YOU DIRTY WHORE!" his meaty hand hits my face.

"Excuse me? I'm the only virgin here," I snip.

"It's bad enough I fucking dated you, but now you have a freak coming and busting you out of school? Do you have any idea what people are saying about me?!" Erik hits me again.

His coal black eyes burn with hatred, his lush superman curls barely concealing them. Erik Symuns, football captain and manslut, is physically perfect. It's his personality that is flawed.

"What are they saying about you?"

We turn to face the unexpected voice, Andy's cocky smirk greeting my shocked eyes. He homes in on my fingers and cheek, his eyes narrowing as they cloud and darken. Andy lifts my hand to his mouth and gingerly kisses each one. Seeing as how Erik has yet to respond, instead seething in anger and hatred, Andy speaks again. This time, it's to me.

"What happened to your hand and face?"

"She must've hurt herself bending over for you yesterday," Erik sneers and disappears towards the locking rooms.

The sports have toned his legs and arse nicely, but I don't to get to notice these things anymore. He broke my heart. Mentally vowing that Erik would be my first and last heart break, I turn to face Andy. He looks like he's still expecting an answer. It also appears that Erik's false accusations either haven't registered or he simply doesn't care.

"I slammed it in my locker," I wiggle my fingers.

"And your cheek?"

"I fell, big whoop! How was your day?" I shrug.

"It's better now, even though you're lying."

"I'm not lying," I raise a brow, trying to look nonchalantly and slightly confused.

"Sure you're not... How about we go to the park again?"

"It's the middle of the school day," I remind him.

"Didn't seem to stop you yesterday," he winks.

Reinforcing the no-more-boyfriends thought, I give Andy a tight squeeze and peck him on the cheek. My thoughts and actions seldom correspond, but that's life for ya. He seems a bit shocked by my sudden display of affection, but is also quite pleased by it. Firmly holding my hand without the swollen fingers, what with the beaming smile and twinkling eyes. My heart pounds, but I brush that aside. I was just slapped twice.

We head to Emig, a good while away from the school. I have a feeling it's on purpose, but I also brush that aside. Tugging Andy to the swings, I chant and cheer until he lets up and gives me his life story. As I listen, I twirl around and twist the chains which hold up the rubber seats of the swings around each other. Pausing briefly to let him know I'm listening, I smile and hear him explain what touring is like.

"Touring sounds amazing," I sigh.

"It is sometimes, but it can be really lonely. Leaving all your friends and family behind..." Andy sighs.

"My band are my friends and my family. Everyone else is just here to hurt me," I mumble.

His fingers cup my chin, his electric blue eyes boring into mine. I gulp, my heart kicking into overdrive.

"Hurt you?"

I pull my chin free, losing focus on my swing. Thanks to the ill fated portions of my body, I'm sent flying once my swing has finished spinning me. Crashing into the grass some feet away, I groan and get to my feet. Andy races up to me as I brush off my knees and booty.

"Are you okay?"

"When you have as many brothers as I do, things like this stop bothering you."

"I'm an only child," Andy reminds me.

"I'm the second youngest," I shrug.

"I thought today was my turn to give my autobiography?" Andy chuckles.

"Oh, it is. I was just letting you know that I play rough," I stick out my tongue and jab him in the ribs.

I run away, laughing madly, as he pursues me. It takes him until the sunset to catch me, which makes me feel confident in my physical abilities. PE will stand no chance against me next semester! Smirking, I cut down on speed and let him grab my wrist. But then I kick it back into full speed and we both tumble across the mulch, which is admittedly less than pleasant. Of course, so is the position in which we land. My hands are by my head, Andy's hands on either side of my upper ribcage, and my legs parted by one of his gazelle legs. The blush on my face is from embarrassment and physical exertion, nothing more.

"Oh... Um...?" I bite my lip.

Andy watches the movement, his eyes glued to my mouth. The blush darkens, much like his eyes. When he leans closer to me, my heart picks up speed and my eyes droop closed. I feel his smooth lips brush against my jaw, the cold from his lip ring in lavish contrast to the heat of his body. I open my eyes, aware that I have that dewy look on my face. Great, I look like one of the hentai characters Autumn likes so much... He stares into my partially opened eyes, licking his lips.

The sudden withdraw of his warmth is enough to give me freezerburn and whiplash, but I accept it and work on slowing down my heart as he offers me his hand. I pretend not to notice it and stand on my own, brushing off my knees again.

"Have a lovely weekend," I say flatly.

With that, I turn and run. I don't head home, though. No, for some reason... My feet carry me towards a certain park. The only difference is that today, there's a single white feather on the swing Andy sat on yesterday. For no particular reason, I let my fingers trail along the lonesome piece of down and sigh.

An unknown sense of peace radiates throughout my being and I find myself heading home, the sound of a bird flying playing as my soundtrack.