Nonsense Love

Tyler's POV
It was cold outside as I walked home. But I deserved this. I should have never let this happen, I'm a terrible human being. I was about a block away from the house thinking about where I was going to stay. I have a little left over cash still, maybe rent a hotel or stay with a friend.

As I was about to approach the house I saw Bri's mom run to her car in a worried panic.
"Hey, ma! What's wrong?"
She shook her head and ran up and hugged me.
"I'm so glad you are home. Bri texted me and told me she wasn't coming home. I was worried, where is she?" I stopped and looked down at the ground.
"I don't know. But I did something very wrong. I kissed another girl, well she kissed me. But I should have never let it happen." She shook her head and put her face in her hands.
"Oh Tyler. If you let Bri know all about this, she will understand. I can see in your eyes that you do very much love her, and believe me, she feels the same maybe even more of those feelings for you." I smiled thinking about if that were to be true.
"Now I need to go find her, it's too cold for her to be out." I took her keys from her hand.
"I-i know where she cold be, but I have to get her." She grabbed the keys back.
"You're not going alone are you crazy?"
"Believe me mom, where she is, is her secret place. You can't know about it, now trust me I'll be fine." She walked in the door holding me by my sleeve.
"Well if you know where she is, please bring a blanket if she's outside. And call me when you find her!" I nodded and kissed her forehead.
"I will, thank you."

I ran down the road with the blanket in my arms. I turned the corner and slipped on a patch of ice, I cut up my knee pretty bad but there was no time to stop. I got to the park and slowly started walking towards the tree, I didn't want Bri to run from me. I got right next to the tree, sure enough Bri's leg was dangling off the side. I was about to climb it when I heard her sob and sit up.
"Tyler? Is, is that you?" I didn't make any noise.
"Please answer me, is it you?" I walked around to the other side of the tree and pulled myself up.
"Yeah it is, I'm so happy to see you. I-I just need to let you know how sorry I am." She shook her head and grabbed the blanket.
"Don't worry. Madi called me and told me about it."
"Bri listen, that was still my fault. I should have never, EVER let that happen!" She turned towards me with a little shiver.
"The only fault you had there is being so adorable." I did a half smile, trying not to let that get to me.
"Thank you, I just wish I could be a better person to you. I don't have the world, and I don't have the strength. I just want the best for you, and I failed trying to show you that." She shushed me and and started rambling on about how much I meant to her.
"Could I tell you something Tyler?" I nodded.
"Anything."
"Well, I have been cutting again. I've been using that rubber band but that can only take away so much." I was so shocked.
"What do you mean?" I started to observed her arms and pulled up her pant leg to see there.
"It's not visible right now Tyler. I really didn't want you to see them." I scooted next to her, still sitting diagonally across from her.
"You will get better okay? I'm so happy you told me this." She smiled and rested her head on my knee.
"Can I say one more thing?" I nodded this time.
"Well, you will get better with me okay? While I was trying to sleep last uhhh, I walked downstairs to come lay by you. I was about to go down, but heard you crying and talking to yourself." I couldn't believe it.
"You, you saw that?" She sat up again.
"Yeah I did. I didn't want to bother you or make you angry, so I went back upstairs. I was actually going to talk to you about it after school anyways."
My heart felt like it has been torn out, brought to the devil himself to be observed, and back to me because it wasn't good enough.
"I-I'm sorry you had to. I just don't feel the same anymore. Yesterday would have marked the day my mom died seven years ago. I miss her so much." She crawled over next to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.
"I'm so sorry Tyler, I wish I would have stayed and talked." I wrapped my arms around her waist and started to cry.
"Could we walk back home now?" She nodded and jumped down from the tree, I jumped down after her and pulled the blanket with.
"Hopefully, if we ever come back to this tree again, it's because we are happy and want to relax." She said with no expression, she was serious.
"So does that mean I can stay?"
"Tyler, you were never kicked out, I love you way to much to ever do that." I locked my fingers with hers, it felt like forever since I felt the touch of her sweet hands.

We got to the house at around 7:30.
"Where have you been!?"
She hugged both me and Bri.
"Tyler, I'm glad you found her. But, what happened to the phone call?"
"Oh yeah I-Im uh"
"Mom. It's not that big of a deal, I'm almost an adult i was fine." Bro said while taking of her shoes.
"Well a mother will worry. Anyways I'm glad you two are okay. Is everything between you guys okay?" I walked over to Bri and she wrapped her arm around my waist.
"We are fine mom, but I'm hungry." She looked down at her stomach and frowned.
"Good, because I just put a homemade pizza in the oven. Be ready in about 20 minutes."
"Perfect!" Bri grabbed my hand and ran up the stairs.
"I'm so cold still." I shook my head and pulled the cover off her bed to wrap around her.
"I've got you now."
"My hero."
"And my princess." I was so happy to still be able to call her a princess and her still loving me.

She coughed and turned towards her closet.
"Better get changed." She walked over and closed the door. A few moments later she walked back out carrying a bag from the mall.
"What's this?" She started to crack up.
"No questions, Joseph. Just put it on."

I came back out of the bathroom.
"It looks perfect on you."
I smiled. It was a pair of red skinny jeans, taco socks, and a black zip up sweatshirt that had a skeleton on it, even the face zipped up.
"I love it! But, might I ask why you gave me this?" She laughed.
"It's your birthday tomorrow ya goof! And I want you to wear it!" She ran over and jumped in my arms. I hugged her tight.
"Thank you. Thank you so much."