Our goodbyes

Tyler's POV
I woke up at around 8:00. Even if I did feel better, this hospital wasn't going to let me leave. I reached for my phone on the side table, 5 unread texts. One from Alex, the rest from Bri.

Alex- where r u man? I was planning on introducing u to my friend Josh. Txt me when you know what's up.

Well I guess I was up to meeting some friends. I was just about to open Bri's texts when the doctor came in. "Tyler? It's dr. Jones. You have a visitor here to see you." Maybe it was Bri!
In walks my father. What.
"Uh dad what are you doing here?" I was completely shocked. How did he even know!? "Well I got a call from the hospital last night saying you were here. I wanted to see if you were okay." This is unusual. "Im fine. So?" He walked over to the bed and handed me a bag of more of my clothes and some money. "Well, I don't want you coming back but your grandmother wanted me to give you this." He actually gave me money. What, he didn't go out and spend it on some booze?" I grabbed it from his hand, probably with the most surprised look on my face. "Well uh thanks. What for?" He shook his head. "I'm moving up north with my girlfriend Julia. I decided that I don't plan on coming back, so this is my goodbye. And your grandmother said she'd call you to ask if you got the money, she was going to call the police if I didn't bring it." He walked over to the desk that had packets of coffee and tea and shoved them in his pocket. "Well, goodbye Tyler. Grow to me a good man like your father." He let out a hard laugh and started to cough. "Thanks dad, I'll call grandma later." He walked to towards the door and was about to be on his way out. "Wait! Dad. I love you." He turned around, nodded his head and walked out the door. Not a single goodbye.
I finally looked at my phone to see the messages from Bri.
Bri- hey Ty! Just wanted to see how you are feeling. Text me when you wake up. Xoxo
Bri- ugh. I hate this school. Sos! Xoxo
Bri- Tyler. Text me back. I'm bored and I want to talk to you. I miss you.
Bri- Ty, seriously answer your phooooone! I neeeed to talk to you.
I finally texted her back. She must really miss me. I smiled to myself.

Me- hey beautiful. Sorry I was out cold! Can't wait to see you in a few hours. I miss you too. Call me at lunch. Love, your head case